See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Rooms in bad conditon, especially bathroom. I arrived late night and they gave me room that was filthy. After I report it, receptionist took me to 5 different rooms which weren't clean from previous people staying there. Finally, I got a "clean" room, but the bathroom was still terrible.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Metropol_Ohrid, sales department representative at Hotel Tourist - Metropol Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear client
We are very sorry you had bad experience in our hotel, we are sure this was just a bad moment , since the room cleanness is what we do take care a lot
Once again apologies for your bad experience
Kind regards
Sales department

Reviewed 5 January 2017

This is a fair hotel with rooms in which the wooden furniture is old and no electric kettle is available. Both bath and shower are inside the washroom. The balconies are large and if the rooms face the side of Ohrid Lake the lake view is very good and fine for sunset viewing. As the lake is very very large with extension into neighboring Albania at the far end, lake view and sunset scenes appear to be the best selling points. The dinner and buffet breakfast I had were of fairly good quality. Though the staff were not conversant in English, I could feel the hospitality when I was invited by a waiter whose body language and Macedonian words gave me a signal of volunteered permission to enter the huge kitchen for a look when I was trying to take a photo through the glass panes of the doors. When I had got into the kitchen, I found the place very clean, tidy and spacious and all the kitchen staff were looking at me with a friendly smile. If you stay there, do not miss the chance to take a walk along the beach downstairs after watching the beautiful morning sky above the horizon of Ohrid Lake. I missed it as I kept taking photos of the good views from my balcony and had to rush down for breakfast and an early checkout. The outdoor seating area on the ground level are ideal for tea or beer if you happen to be there when the sun sets.

Room Tip: Only get a room overlooking Ohrid Lake but not the main hotel entrance
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Teruce
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Dispite the room was clean, the bathroom was terrible. Hole in the tile wall, toilet seemed very old. Tiny wasching table. No ventilator. It was not a pleasant bathroom. The beds in the room where no beds. Just boxsprings on leggs. TV was very old and had mostly no good view. Phone is old and dated. View of the lake was wonderfull. As a minor and sigle plus.

Room Tip: Lke site top rooms are good for the view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arwen v
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Tourist hotel is a scanty hotel with a great view on the lakeside. Breakfast en dinner is served at the adjacent Metropole Hotel, which has a better appearance. Also, you can make use of other facilities of the Metropole resort (bar, sauna, pool, deckchairs). Therefore, it makes staying in Tourist more enjoyable.

A room at Tourist offers you enough space and has an cozy old decoration, but lacks a good finishing on construction work. The bed felt hard and had a tight suspension. Unlike the room itself, the bathroom is quite narrow.

Ohrid is easily reached by nearby busstop or taxi.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frank A
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hotel Tourist is one of 3 hotel close to the very nice Ohrid lake. Dinner and breadfast can be taken in the Metropol hotel next door and the swimming pool is situated between Bellevue hotel and the lake. Normally not a distance which will give problems if you are in reasonable condition. Good and friendly personnel. The rooms are clean. There is not Always sight on Ohrid Lake.
Good connections on different ways with the town of Ohrid on about 10 kms distance.

Room Tip: At lake side is most quiet and best view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple