3,324 results
All reviews garden bungalow our honeymoon fish french polynesia luxury overwater bungalow vue bar rented a car outdoor shower dinner buffet beach bar travel agent lagoon view beautiful property snorkel gear dream come true entire stay clear water
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Lovely property in beautiful surroundings. We stayed in an overwater superior bungalow which really lived up to our expectations. The weather was hot and humid but the air-conditioning in our bungalow was excellent. Being able to walk down the ladder off the deck and swim with the fish was fantastic.

I did get chastised for taking a slice of bread from the breakfast buffet to feed the fish which I thought was a bit over the top. Otherwise everything was excellent from the time we arrived to our departure. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola L
H0566GM, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you to let us know about your stay at the Sofitel Moorea

We are glad that you enjoy your holidays in our resort

Hope to welcome you soon

Reviewed 7 August 2015

Stopped at the bar for a quick espresso when visiting the island. We were completely ignored by the bar staff - ordered twice waited about an hour and we just left...
The hotel have a nice location and view, nice beach, but facilities look outdated.
As a popular honeymoon destination, that place is not recommended for families with kids, even for a short stop.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank ipetkov
H0566GM, General Manager at Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2015

Dear Sir,

Please received our apologizes for your bad experience at the Bar.

We will take the mesures to avoid this kind of incident in the future and will improve the service for our clients

Reviewed 4 August 2015

The Sofitel Moorea was absolutely perfect in every way. We had an incredible 6 day stay for our honeymoon and loved everything about it. The bungalows were wonderful, the stretch of white sand beach was perfect, the amount of activity options were endless, and the service was so flawless. We went kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, snorkeling, and rented mopeds to tour the rest of the island. We miss the Sofitel Moorea and our bungalow everyday, but are so grateful that we got to experience it! I would highly recommend staying at this resort.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank meellis2015
H0566GM, General Manager at Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Moorea.

We are glad that Sofitel can make your honeymoon unforgettable !

Hope to welcome you again in our Resort

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

My trip was during my birthday, never heard this hotel til I took the trip via tourism, and it's including everything such as airport/port transfer and the reservation of hotel. I'm lucky to get the great room of Overwater Buglow! (I think it's room 118) the King bed with fantastic view for mountain & lagoon, you stay in room all day without boring! Great food(I took half board), but also recommend to try room service one time in your room! The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, I forgot to bring the adapter to plug my iPhone, and they had the final one for me! The wifi only in lobby area, and only 1 hr for one day for free. But they also gave me extra hours. Lots of options for tours and ticket assistance, I rent the car and they helped me to arrange the rental, quick & easy. I'm so blessed to been here & will recommend anyone to try this beautiful hotel!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Carolyntw
H0566GM, General Manager at Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you to give us your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Moorea.

We are glad that our staff give you all assistance during your stay for your requirements.

We will share with them your satisfaction ; your positive comments are the best reward for them.

Hope to welcome you again in our resort

Reviewed 2 August 2015

Let me begin by saying this hotel was the first and best stop on our honeymoon, but there were a couple of things that keep this place from being a five star experience.

First, the good: The overwater bungalows are totally worth it. There was a little window where we could watch fish move underneath us while hanging out in the room. The standing shower was large, and came with comfy bathrobes. The balconies in the luxury rooms were large, and we spent a lot of time hanging out there drinking wine and reading, then cooling off in the water. We also took a paddle boat out, which was fun because we got to see better coral and what other hotels looked like from the water. The water is crystal clear and it looks like a swimming pool when you're in it. If you're an early riser, try to get a room facing the sunrise. The morning when I woke up to watch the sun creep over the water and light up Tahiti will always stay with me.

The bad: We booked this room through a third party vendor, and they totally tried to put us on the first bungalow out. It was barely on the water! The worst part is that I had sent the management a request about 6 months out asking to please put us out on the water a bith further, and they said they would. After a few hours of "discussion" and checking their records, they decided they would let us pay for an upgrade to a luxury bungalow. After telling them we paid a lot of money to come here and didn't appreciate this, they just gave us the upgrade to the luxury room. Also, the food is over-priced and not the highest quality. Breakfast was good, and the chef was friendly, but dinner and lunch left a lot to be desired.

Overall, I would still recommend this place. Send an email out early to try to lock in a bungalow further out over the water, as they may try to mess with your location over the water.

Room Tip: Send an email out early to lock in the room area you want if you book through a third party.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ellie M
H0566GM, General Manager at Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Soçfitel Moorea.
Our overwater bungalows are very appreciated by our clients and we are pleased that you have a good experience for your stay.

Sorry for the problem concerning your booking, we wil identify the cause of it and it will be solved right away.

Hope to welcome you again in our Resort