We stayed at the Moorea Pearl Resort for 5 days early October to finish off our 5 weeks vacation to USA,Canada and back to NZ.
And it paid off; we really did enjoy it very much indeed. Had read a lot of reviews , some indifferent and others very good; and we definitely come down on the side of the very good,indeed, excellent.
We had booked a garden bungalow, and on arrival were met by the Asst.manager, taken on a tour of the resort and then to our bungalow; to find we had been up-graded to one with a private pool. It was absolutely immaculate and spacious and the very private fenced garden with decks, sun loungers and pool were fantastic. During our stay we figured out that we had actually got the best of the lot; the hotel units are fine but just that. The beach bungalows were a mirror image of our room but with little privacy, and the beach itself was nothing remarkable. The pool makes up for that ,though. The overwater bungalows looked nice; but beware that you need to pay top dollar for the deluxe version, as the lower priced ones face back into the pool and beach and again little or no privacy. NZ friends we met had a deluxe OW and loved it; another 2 NZ and Australian families with children had the family units and were very happy with them too. So there is something for everyone, but for us the garden bungalow with private pool was absolutely tops.
Food quality we found very good, but ridiculously expensive; the bar food was actually just as good as the restaurant and half the price. Agree with previous reviewer, take your own duty-free and get the mixers etc at the very handy local market, a bonus to have a few shops in easy walking distance.
Service we found excellent and unobtrusive, room serviced twice a day with clean towels etc., and you had only to ask for something and it was done ( ocasionally on Island Time but with grace and a smile ! ) You don't get pestered at the pool as you do at so-called "higher class " places with the bar boys trying to sell drinks; everything is in your own time and our time was just fantastic
OK, its reasonably pricey but hey, its French Polynesia so just go with the flow.,lie back and enjoy it ; I am sure you will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa nestles on the island shore, just by the village of Maharepa in an ideal location, between the majestic Cook’s Bay and the Gulf of Moorea. It’s very convenient, at just 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, and with boutiques, restaurants and a small shopping center close at hand. The style of the resort is a tasteful combination of the traditional and the contemporary with a powerful sense of Polynesia. There are 28 over-water bungalows built over the lagoon on piles, 8 more bungalows on the beach and 28 spread through the beautiful grounds with their own private pools and little gardens. The remaining 22 rooms and 8 duplexes of this 94-unit resort are in a small building. Whichever accommodation you choose, you will have air-conditioned comfort (the bungalows also have ceiling fans), an outside terrace, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, flat-screen television and DVD player, I-pod dock and WiFi. From your hotel base we will be happy to arrange a full range of exciting excursions and activities and of course you can relax at the resort where you’ll enjoy one of the largest infinity pools of the island. Each bungalow has a sunny outside terrace with comfortable loungers. From the over-water ones, there is direct access to the lagoon. The premium over-water bungalows are especially well situated, close to the coral reef ledge so you can immediately swim off and discover a fascinating world of colored fish and exotic corals. Near the over-water bungalows, we have developed our own coral nursery- To’A Nui - a coral regeneration project and part of our commitment to protecting the fragile environment that surrounds us. This site encourages the proliferation of marine life whose beauty is so easily enjoyed with simple snorkeling equipment. You will find a luxurious and convivial resort on a human scale, offering a warm welcome to honeymooners,romantic couples, families, nature lovers and scuba-divers. We have two restaurants - The Mahanai - and the acclaimed gourmet restaurant - The Matiehani. The Autera’a is a perfect terrace bar for sipping your favorite beverage. Other facilities include a bar, two meeting rooms, a boutique and a full range of activities and excursions both on land and on the water. We also have a dive center, a Polynesian tattoo facility and a spa. The Manea Spa specializes in massages and treatments using traditional Polynesian methods and 100% natural products from the island’s flowers and plants, including the famous monoi oils from the coconut palm. Thespa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and the "Rumi Avai" where you can discover the pleasures of our unique aquatic massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa
- Moorea Pearl Hotel Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea