Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea
Hotel Kaveka(Maharepa)(Great Value!)
USD 192
USD 402
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 503/night.

Village Temanoha(Cook's Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 128
USD 408
USD 364
Hilton
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 422/night.

InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa(Papetoai)(Great Value!)
USD 344
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,030 results
All reviewsthe pearlpremium overwater bungalowgarden bungalowfishour honeymoonfrench polynesiainfinity poolgrocery storebreakfast buffetfive minute walkdeep waterexcursion deskmeal planoctopusrented a caralbert tourspaddle boards
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We spent 5 nights at the Moorea Pearl Resort, the overwater upgraded bungalows were very nice, clean and have a great view looking straight out to the reef.
Staff certainly didn't go out of there way to help with the language barrier, we found most of the staff were quite rude at times.
Breakfast offers a good selection unlike dinner which has stuff all to select from, should of checked out the bar meals, but in our package restaurant dinners were only offered.
Thank goodness for the grocery shop down the road drinks are so expensive!!
Outside of the bad food and rude staff the resort and moorea is paradise :0)

3  Thank PoppyRaggs
Reviewed 28 October 2012

In Oct 2012 we had five nights at this beautiful resort. On arrival we upgraded to the overwater bungalow and that was the best decision we have made as this accommodation was simply superb! Nothing beats the view from the bungalow out to the sea...morning or evening. We were lucky to see the turtles, dolphins and on the last day there was a playful whale in the distance! And yes, we could jump into the water straight from our balcony:):):)
The resort staff was very friendly; the food was great and the atmosphere around the resort was very relaxing and peaceful. I would highly recommend this resort to couples, friends or a single travellers. We had the best of time and will be definitely back......must do more snorkelling, kayaking, hiking and relaxing. This is our THANK YOU to the resort staff.

Room Tip: Overwater bungalow for all the water enthusiasts.
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My wife and I travelled to Moorea and stayed at the Moorea Pearl for our 20th anniversary. We had a fantastic time.

Check in - we arrived at the Pearl about 1100, so earlier than the official check-in time of 1400. We were greeted and shown to some comfortable seats and offered a cool towel and cold drink. After fillign in the normal paperwork we were advised that our room wasn't ready yet and it could be a couple of hours. It was a little bit of a disappointment but we chose to take a walk to the supermarket down the road and stock up on drinks and nibbles (and browse some of the other shops). By the time we came back an hour later, our room was all ready. We were given a quick tour of the resort and shown to our Garden Bungalow with Pool.

The room itself was great - a king size bed that was extremely comofrtable, plenty of room for suitcase storage, a reasonsble sized wardrobe and set for drawers. The bathroom was more than adequate with a good sized "vanity area", a separate toilet and a walk-in "wet shower". The only downside was that the water pressure in the shower wasn't the best (but, hey, we're on a pacific island so you can't expect too much).

The plunge pool was excellent - more than sufficient to keep yourself cool during the day and evening.

The main resort pool was very good as well. It seemed to be very quiet generally around the resort when we were there so there was never a problem getting a couple of sun loungers (and nobody seemed to do that painful habit of reserving loungers at breakfast time by dropping their towels and walking off).

Eating - breakfast was ok. More than enough selection. Quality was average. In saying that, it was no worse than most other pacific island resorts I've been too (and I've been to a few). We didn't eat lunch at the resort so can't comment on that. For dinner, we ate 4 nights of 6 in the resort. We didn't use their formal restaurant but ate in the bar (there are proper tables for this). It was a good option - cheaper than the restaurant and less rich food. The only suggestion I have is that they should maybe run 2 menus and swap them every few days.

The other two nights we went down to Rudy's in the Maharepa shopping area. Rudy, Syd and Isabella are fantastic and we had great meals. It pays to book and they will come and pick you up from the resort and drop you off again.

On Wednesday nights they have the cultural night. Your could eat the island buffet and see the show but we worked out that we could simply eat int he bar and watch the show going on right beside us without paying for the overpriced dinner buffet (the show was pretty good for a resort show).

As I mentioned earlier, there is a supermarket a 10 minute walk away. We went down every day and picked up a fresh baguette, cheese and salami, along with some liquid refreshments. It's a great way of doing lunch and much cheaper than using the bar or mini bar for drinks (a baguette was only 53XPF and a 500ml beer was from memory about 215XPF).

Excursions - one day we walked straight across the road from the Pearl to Alberts Transport and hired a couple of scooters. Great way to see the island. Scooters were pretty new and seemed to be well maintained. The only other excursion we did was an ATV safari with Damon (his depot is next to Rudy's restaurant). He was FANTASTIC - a really nice friendly guy, excellent new equipment, and tends to run his tours a bit slower than the others which means you enjoy it more. You visit the agricultural college (lovely gelato), the Belvedere, a pineapple plantation, do a river crossing, and go up Magic Mountain (what a trip up there and what an amazing view). Seriously - don't do the other ATV companies - use Damon.

I guess the only drawback of the Moorea Pearl is the lack of a "decent" beach. The small one at the resort is engulfed by the Overwater Bungalows. However, it actually wasn't that big a deal.

Staff - they were all fine and I didn't have a bad experience, but they weren't hugely friendly (not like Fiji or Rarotonga). I explained this away to my wife as the "French influence". Like I said though, I can't say I'd complaing about the service, it's just that I wouldn't rave about it.

Other things to do - if you want a pearl, go and visit Eva and Soielli (I think my spelling is off) at Eva Pearls in the Maharepa shopping area (the pink standalone building). They are fantastic people. They might not be the cheapest, but the quality and knowledge is second to none. We spent the best part of 2 hours with them.

My gauge on a resort and holiday is whether I'd be happy to go back - my answer on the Moorea Pearl is that I definitely would!!

Room Tip: While everyone pick the OWB, I think the Garden Pool Bungalows are a great choice - not hampered by any wind, plus more private.
4  Thank beaneedad
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I loved this hotel and my whole experience in Moorea. I found the grounds to be beautiful and well kept. I had a garden deluxe room with pool, and my only regret is that I did not have enough time in Moorea to enjoy it. I missed my connecting flight and was a day and a half late getting to the hotel and they were nice enough to transfer the night I missed in Moorea to a hotel in Tahiti with no extra cost.
Location- Great,near the airport, Alberts tour is across the street, town is a five minute walk. Take everyones advice and bring your own alcohol and buy mixers and fresh bread at the market. I met people staying at other hotels and they all said that this location was the best. You can also walk to Rudys from here as well.

Service- I found the staff to be friendly and extra accommodating. Bar and waitstaff excellent, unlike in Bora Bora.

Food- Alcohol was expensive but I found food prices reasonable. I enjoyed the breakfast every morning and ate at the bar a few times. No complaints.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

My family, my husband and three boys spend ten days at the Moorea Pearl. We had a Garden Duplex unit with a rollaway bed downstairs. While it was a bit cramped, it was fine and nice to all be in the same unit. We had a fantastic time here. The staff were wonderful, friendly and very helpful, esp the Excursion Desk ladies. We ate free for Breakfast and the food was fantastic..the snorkelling just off the beach by the over-water Bungalows was great.. we saw a turtle, octopus, and lots of tropical fish .. the highlight was the lagoon tour to see the stingrays and sharks and lunch on a little island. I would highly reccomend this resort and would be keen to go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family