“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in”
Review of Zouara Hotel

and 1 more site!
Zouara Hotel
Ranked #32 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
London, United Kingdom
“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We came to zoura for 10 nights all inclusive, we only ate in the hotel twice as the food was horrendous, the cutlery was always dirty and had old food stuck to it, we would use ou glasses of water to clean our cutlery!
We feel the hotel was falsely advertised to us as there was no entertainment, no buffet, no spa, no salon. We got ripped of by the hotel for cabs, DO NOT use their cab service we found a nice taxi man Mohammed who charged us quarter the hotels price!
The hotel is in the middle of no where and we were often greeted with dead dogs outside where locals or police killed them and dumped them opposite our hotel.
We had only spoken to our rep for 10 minutes when we arrived, we did not see him at all after that, so when it came to find out when we were getting picked up from our hotel to go back to airport (as there was no information in reception ) we asked the receptionist who said we could use his personal phone to call the rep but for a charge!
There was also someone in the hotel knocking on our door at 4 in the morning really loudly them running away every night.. It was the second to last night I heard scuffling outside our door and saw the man who would tidy our rooms run past our door bang on their door then run the other way!!
Worst hotel I have ever ever been too I a kicking myself I didn't check trip advisor before booking which I Normally do but it was a spur of the moment thing... Never again.

We even choose to stay at a slightly more expensive hotel so we wouldn't have too worry about food, but all of our spending money went on eating out!

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank ttre_1989

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
Ludlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The staff were really friendly and helpful, the only good thing about the hotel!!
the doors didnt lock properly, the showers were cold, we complained multiple times but still no result! the food was terrible, the only edible thing was the pancakes in the morning. the shuttle bus to the beach only came once a day so you were restricted to how long you could spend at the beach unless you walked for half an hour back through run down construction with no street lights for safety!! On the last day my dress was stolen and because the languauge barrier they did not understand. The drinks were tiny cups, we ended up going to the supermarket to buy bottles as it was a joke having to keep going to the bar after two sips. Take mozzi spray, flies all over the place and food! There was no spa, evening or day time entertainment, and because you are furthest hotel away, it made it difficult to go into town!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank breakwell
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2012

after our recent stay at the zouara i have to say i feel realy sorry for the staff . they do everything to help the guests and nothing is too much for them . unfortunatly the management refuse to spend any money to improove the hotel . there was no hot water in the rooms (apparently only 4 rooms had hot water ) the shop , internet caffee ,gym ,sauna,beauty salon , dive centre etc had all been closed down and removed .because of a lack of guests the food was just put in front of you with no choice ( it was beef every day ) .the final straw was when they ran out of beer early in the evening . we eventualy got transfered to the luna sharm but to add insult to injury we even had to pay for the transport to the new hotel .oh and the beach is ok but all facilatys are closed there too as the management havnt payed the rent lol

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Neil F
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The hotel building itself is a bit tired but I personally found it clean. The staff were the most friendliest people I've met and above all I didn't feel like I had to tip them though I did just because they didn't expect it.

If you're not happy about something they will do their upmost to put it right. That's what I call service.

The hotel is a 3 star but has been under new management since August 2011 and with a little tlc on the building itself I'm sure it could be a 4 star.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Nalleheaven
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Well...maybe I start with the good things first. The stuff at the "hotel" was friendly and at least it was quiet, that's all the good things I can say.
I would not recommend this hotel for anyone. The rooms were dirty and I had to use my flip flops when I took a shower. The water in the shower was mostly cold and the water pressure wasn't good...tip...tip...tip...
The food at the hotel was either tasteless or bad. In the morning when you went to the restaurant at 7.10 (breakfast at 7.00) you felt a bit like, "I'm sorry I came so early..."
the dinner was always the same and usually there were more stuff than guests. There were maybe aroud 15 guests in the hotel totally.
I have been to bad places but I would rank this to the worts top 5 I have been to.
It is far from the beach, around 2,4 km and you have to walk through a consrtuction site.
During the evening/night it's not fun to walk there.
The rooms didn't feel safe, because the locks on the doors were a bit old and used, so a child could break in.
During January it's a bit cold at night, and it wasn't fun when the heater didn't work.
The beds were clean but it started to hurt in the back after few nights, bad beds.
I did stay there 5 or 6 days before I moved to a bettere hotel, and felt much better after that.
Heard later that usually people stay there around 2-3 days before moving away.
But as everybody knows, you get wath you pay for. The hotel is cheap, maybe cheapest in the area. If you are ok with just something to eat and a bit dirty rooms with low budget this is the place, but if you want to enjoy your stay do not waste your money here!
Would not go there again.

Room Tip: to get a nice room, take another hotel!