2,853 results
All reviews animation team water park is amazing holiday egypt arabic sam
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was the best hotel we have been too, we had a fantastic room (5115) right on to the main pool area, the facilities were great for adults and kids, my little one was never without something to do, have already booked up for next year and only got home yesterday morning. staff were fantastic didn't even need to leave your sunbed for a drink, not even looking for tips they were just fantastic, the entertainment guys round the pool were fab, especially david, he was really funny. Not going to babble on,,,, great hotel, great rooms, great food, great staff, go here if u want a good family holiday.... x

Room Tip: Main area round the pool is fab also swim up rooms look good too
5  Thank jade1311
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We always choose Egypt, the sun is guaranteed (temps in the late 30's/early 40's I'd say during our stay from the 6th - 20th Sept), the Red Sea is beautiful with it's diverse range of marine life for snorkellers and divers to enjoy. For the children this hotel, like many others in Sharm offers the excitement of waterslides. A perfect package you'd think...well read on.

Firstly the hotel occupancy has to be 99% British. For me that's too much. Foul mouthed, uncontrolled kids and intimidating families of ten or more taking over the place like locusts are common place on our council estates but I don't want it when I'm on holiday.

What is about the British and their desire to cover themselves in tattoos? Why do you need the names of your children or your wife/husband or even yourself tattooed across your neck and back? Is it because you're afraid you might forget their name?.

There are lots of reviews about how bad the food is. Come on, this is Egypt. If you're used to pie, chips and mushy peas at the local Bernie Inn then you're going to be disappointed. The food here is wonderful and various. Always something different on offer. For breakfast you have a choice of omelettes, pancakes, waffles, fried, scrambled or poached eggs, cereals, pastries, beef bacon (this is a Muslim country after all), sausages and beans. If you like maple syrup on your pancakes take some with you.

Lunch & dinner are equally as varied but remember the considerate amongst us change out of our wet shorts and bikinis for lunch. You see, we consider that the next person to sit in our seats might not want it to be wet through. It's not hard, it's called consideration. If you don't want to change then go the pool snack bars and enjoy the burgers, chips and freshly cooked pizzas.

You don't need as much hand gel either. This hotel provides hand sanitizer at the entrance to each restaurant. A welcome surprise. If you do get the Sharm el Sh#ts, you've probably had too much sun and beer and neglected water intake. Walk out the door, turn left, walk up the road past Starbucks and beneath a sign that reads AL KHAN you will find a pharmacy where you can get 24 ANTINAL capsules for 10 LE, that's about £1.

The service in this hotel is exceptional. Many thanks to Ramy & Nabil, two very friendly waiters. The service from them and the rest of the staff was the best we have experienced in Sharm. You have to tip though, it's a tradition called Baksheesh, passed to the Egyptians by our colonial British ancestors. Don't give a £1 coin as a tip, the locals can't spend them.Try tipping in dollars if you have no low denomination Egyptian currency or don't want to part with a £ note. A dollar is worth about 70p so take some $1, $5 & $10 bills with you. They are paper money and this allows the staff to either spend them or change them into Egyptian currency.

The waterslides are great for the kids. It would be better though if there were more than one slide where an inflatable ring or dingy wasn't required. They're a bit cumbersome to drag up 75 steps [my son counted them whilst I dragged the dingy] and restrictive if there is only one of you who wants to go on the slides. The two best slides, the Boomerang and Space Bowl need two people to ride. The pirate ship is great too, with all the water works and mini slides and the bucket that drops about two tonnes of water on you every now and then. Great fun and so cooling.

I didn't see the attraction of the swim up rooms. We didn't have one, the main and only pool was right outside our door. It was heavily chlorinated part way through our stay so we couldn't use it, the chlorine made our eyes sting. That wasn't a bad thing though, the music is way too loud.
In all we enjoyed our stay but wouldn't go back because of the slides and the Brits. If passing an IQ test was a pre-requisite to getting a UK passport this hotel would have far less Brits but would be far more enjoyable. After all who would drink beer whilst standing in a kids pool or go to Egypt without good quality mosquito repellent relying solely on a plug-in, only to moan about getting bitten (this isn't the real Skeggy luv), or allow their children to run around uncontrollably without guidance or supervision? The one memory I have is when my son told me that whilst he was going down the tunnel slide of the pirate ship he collided with a child who was walking up the slide who proceeded to call him a f'ing idiot for doing so. In that child's mind, my son was wrong!

A quick mention to Aquarius diving. Thanks for some wonderful dives. A very professional and friendly group of people. I normally dive with Camel Dive. I'm glad I changed. You're just as good. Thanks also to the Thomson rep who told us about El Fanar beach, 30 mins away by taxi. It cost 200LE return but it was worth it. The entire Nabq beach is pretty rubbish for reef snorkelling so we went to Sharks Bay and El Fanar to do ours.

Finally if your children get milkshakes which contain pineapple, orange and water with a hint of milk, it's probably because they swore at the bar staff. How do I know this?? My son overheard a child swear at the bar staff who's parent subsequently complained about the poor quality milkshakes. My son never had a problem with his milkshakes!

6  Thank annie36Notts
Reviewed 24 September 2012

great holiday,just got back frm a fortnight here & it was that good ive booked to go bck in march,,,staff,food accomodation cleanliness all 100% worth every penny spent,lovely friendly staff,through the day kids had loads to do & my younger son even learned how to swim,,,lazy river great for chilling,,plkenty sunbeds,,& service by the bar staff round the pool was great

5  Thank Mandimumov6
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Just got back from 2 weeks at this hotel. This was my 2nd trip to Sharm El Sheikh and wasnt sure if this hotel could be as nice as the last. I have to say that Coral Sea Splash was amazing and i will definatly be going back there. Rooms are very big so plenty of space, not that u spend much time in your room.
The hotel has its own water park which was fab, it has a lazy river which is great to just jump on a rubber ring and float round on. They have a flow rider which is a surf simulator, i have to say i didnt try this out as i was too chicken but one of my friends i went with loved it!!! Theres lots of slides to try out and a wave pool aswell.
The main pool area is in my opinion the best area to grab a sunbed. You will be throughly entertained if you do
What makes the hotel great? My answer to that is the staff at the hotel, they are all so so friendly and polite. They always have time to stop and have a chat with you.
The animation team will have u in stitches, they are such a lovely and friendly bunch. The best i have ever come across in any hotel. They do all the pool side entertainment and the evening entertainment. There main goal, to make sure you have as much fun as possible and they definatly did that throughout my stay. The biggest character of the animation team was David, he was fab! So much energy considering the hours they have to work. Big thankyou to them all.
Food choice was good, always something for u to get, again staff are great in there too.

I save my biggest thankyou for Nabil who works the main pool bar during the day and then the sports bar at night. He is without a doubt the most amazingly friendly person ive ever come across, he was a good friend to myself and my friends during our whole stay. He has a great personality and is just fab!!! You will love him if u decide to stay here!!

Hotel was very clean at all times and was just great

Ive just read that the hotel is going to become a thomson family resort next year, i really hope this is not true as it would be a massive loss to the hotel if they lost there animation team.

Again a big thankyou to all for making my stay such a great one

One last thing, if anyone reads this who has already stayed here and has a video of the animation team dancing to the cowboy song can u post it on here?? I loved it!

Mel

Room Tip: Best rooms are on ground level, the ones round the main pool open out right onto it so not far to go to grab a sunbed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mel_Allaway
Reviewed 21 September 2012

just come back from the coral sea splash resort (Family of 10) and what a great time i cannot understand why some of the reviews are so negative we all had a great time and would love to go back the hotel is nice the staff put english people to shame there is plenty of choice of food and drinks throughout the day and the weather is amazing (what more do you want)
The areas around some of the hotel are still waste ground but it is a up and coming area i.e a hard rock cafe is being built at the moment so give them a chance.there are several trips to go on we went snorkeling,camel riding and scoba diving all very reasonable or lounge by the pool your choice.I must make one special mention for the TLC entertainment team they are hard working and funny and spend time with you if you want they are brilliant.
As i said before i would not hesitate to go back unlike some of the reviews (i guess you can't please everyone)
Just one thing to mention a couple of us had earache on speaking to people in the know this is down to suntan cream washing in your ear when going swimming so stopped putting cream there and no further problems
Keep up the good work,loved it

4  Thank IAINA190802