2,853 results
All reviewsanimation teamwater park isamazing holidayegyptarabicsam
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Just returned from the CSS after our first holiday in Egypt, I was well impressed. The people there work so hard to please you. The Entertainment team are brilliant, always having fun with the kids, games by the pool from 10am - 5pm, then kids films and a show in the night time. They also run a kids club for a couple of hours, our 7 yr old loved it, plus it kept him out of the heat for a bit, if u have any kids who might enjoy this, please take any unwanted pencils, crayons, A4 paper as the entertainment team fund it themselves.. The water slides are excellent and u dont really queue to go on them, food was of good choice, beer was ok but wife was a bit fed up with no malibu. we were in block 5 with a pool view, fantastic. The rooms are spacious with the most comfortable king size bed I have ever slept on. Out and about is a bit of a mission as the locals do pester you, but a stern NO does the job, beware of the camel men on the street, they will say one price then charge you more to get your child back, I heard of a few people this Happened to. Barstaff are very good at their job and always run around with trays of beer and soft drinks. Hossam (Sam), Ramy and Mohamed make sure you are never thirsty. if you feel rough in the morning you can do a detox exercise session with Karim and water aerobics.we will definitely return. My only complaint is the Spa workers are rude and get aggressive with you when you dont want anything, they search out the newcomers and pester you hour after hour..

Room Tip: Block 5 overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2012

just returned from the coral sea splash hotel, where can I start. Something for everyone, I have 4 yr old twins and a 12 yr old and I have to say this is the first time in 4 yrs I actually could relax. So muchfor the kids to do slides are fantastic, pirate ship for younger ones is brilliant. The staff can not do enough for you, special mention to Ramy who brings you drinks all day long. English however getting like the germans for gettimg up at ridiculous o'clock to put towels on beds but no need as we sometimes did not get to pool til 11- 12 and the guys round the pool would always find you a bed and an umbrella. The rooms were huge, loads of space, cleaned everyday with fantastic towel art to impress the children. Food was great, always something for every taste, handmande pizzas while you wait and the ice-creams were with homemade cones were to die for. Dont ever go back to the same place but we are booking for next year. Take plenty of £1 coins to tip, not expected but the staff work so hard its worth it. Went on the Sinai by starlight trip which was ok but no good for small children, they get a bit bored.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2012

There are lots of very good reviews on here already about this hotel which I found helpful on my recent holiday here - so thanks to everyone who has contributed.

My review is rather long winded as I have tried to be as comprehensive and honest as possible. It is based on my experience of this hotel and how it compares with other All Inclusive resorts I have stayed in. So here goes:

Staff
Everyone we dealt with was extremely friendly and helpful. We were made to feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The staff here work very hard and long hours. I would especially like to thank Ramy for keeping the drinks coming and the other guy at the wave pool bar (sorry I cant remember his name) who was excellent too. Also Amr by the pool for helping us find sun loungers. One down side was I did see some of the waiting staff leering over some (young) teenage girls which I didnt like.

Rooms
Our room was spacious, modern and clean. We booked a double family room which consisted of a main room with bathroom (bath with shower, sink and wc) - this room had a superking size bed, flatscreen TV, armchair, tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar (payable), safe and hairdryer. There was plenty of wardrobe space and drawers. There was then a seperate bedroom for the kids consisting of 2 single beds, flat screen tv and some drawers. Their room was a good size although we did find a nail sticking up out of one of the kids beds which wasnt great.

We were on the third level of the hotel with the swim up rooms directly in front of our room. At first I was disappointed with the location as there wasnt much in the way of a view, but actually it was good being out of the way of things.

Our room also had an interconnecting door to the next room (but was locked) - this was a nightmare as it meant that you could here everything going on next door (and vice versa) - and when I say everything, I mean everything - I could even here when someone got in the shower! This wasnt really a problem though until the last few days of our holiday when we got new neighbours who liked to invite people to their room at 3am!

The only other negative thing I would say about our room (and this is being picky) is that the standard of finish was very poor - cracked tiles, light fixtures painted over, light fixtures not working etc. This was no big deal as you dont spend that much time in your room, but it does give out the message of "it will do" rather than high quality.

Pools
The pools/slides were fantastic. There is the main pool where all the activities take place, then there is the wave pool - next to that is the pirate ship and across from that is the kids pool. Enclosing these is the lazy river. The flowrider and slides are located more or less together. We based ourselves near the wave pool. Getting on the slides was never really a problem even though the hotel was busy. the biggest wait was for the flowrider.

Getting a sunlounger can be a bit of a challenge. I think the pool boys got a bit of a telling off whilst we were there as they were reserving sun loungers for tips. The loungers all had towels on them but if you asked the pool guys suddenly one would be free for you! I admit to tipping myself as I was desperate to get a sunlounger after struggling the first 2 days - however, i was not happy when a pool guy took my things off my lounger and gave it to someone else whilst I had nipped for breakfast! (I know this happened as someone saw it happen). Towards the end of our holiday this seemed to stop and getting a lounger was a bit easier.

One concern I did have about the pool areas was around health and safety - in particular in the kiddies pool where there were nails sticking up everywhere - we informed the hotel but they seemed to brush off our concerns. The pirate ship was closed for one day for repairs after someone cut their foot - but we still found loose marble tiles after it had re-opened.

One thing I did witness that totally shocked me was the use of wooden pallets as covers for holes in the ground that led to the inspection chambers for the water treatment works and generators. One directly in front of the entrance to the slides was removed for at least 20 minutes leaving a large hole (at least 1m x 1m) with a 15 foot drop (onto concrete below). It wasnt cordoned off and there were kids running around it to get to the slides - and you know what kids can be like when they are excited and they dont always look where they are going - I was just grateful no one fell down it!

Food /Drink
I thought overall the food was teribble. It wasnt a patch on other All Inclusives I have been to. The ingredients are poor quality and the food was often lukewarm/cold not to mention repeitive - I noticed the same food being used at lunchtime and then for the same evening. If you like pizza and chips you will be OK as that was available every day and what most kids seemed to eat all holiday. My husband will eat just about anything but even he was disgusted by the food quality. I was really disappointed by this and in my opinion, the thing that lets this hotel down.

We only visited the American a la carte. It certainly wasnt themed as an American restaurant and the menu was only vaguely american. What made me smile was that the food was exactly the same as in the buffet restaurant except it was presented nicely - needless to say I didnt like that either.

I was also disaapointed with the range of alcoholic drinks available compared to other AI's as the choice was limited to your main spirits such as gin, vodka, rum and whiskey. I am used to having a range of liqueurs and cocktails available which was not the case here.

Evening Entertainment
For us this started around 7pm with the kids film in the sports bar. The range of films varied and included things like Puss in Boots, Toy Story, Gruffalo, Casper etc.

This was followed by the mini disco at 8:30pm which all the kids loved - the entertainment staff worked really hard to keep the kids amused and they did this with very little resources. My kids loved Davide - he ws great with them - thanks Davide x. This finished about 9:15pm and would then be followed by the main entertainment at 9:30pm - we only stayed a couple of times to watch this and after the first time I realised why as it was very poor (being polite). The spinning men were entertaining although the belly dancer (something for the dads) was a bit random/bizarre - you have to witness it to see what I mean.

Grounds/resort buildings
Resort is looking a bit unloved in places and in need of maintenance - paths crumbling, flower beds bare, paint on the floor of the pools / lazy river flaking off, broken floor tiles, dirty corridor walls etc. To be fair this place does get some hammer with the footfall and high concentration of kids so I appreciate keeping up the maintenance will be a challenge. So whilst not a big issue it does just give a perception that hotel management dont care - I hate to think what this place is going to be like in another year if they dont get to grips with this.

Wi-fi
This is £6 for 1 hour - there are a couple of PC's in the lobby area or you can connect your own device to the w-fi. Its painfully slow though and we kept losing the connection from our room.

Spa
We only used the spa for our kids to get their hair braided. The young guy doing the braiding was really good - the older guy was a bit rough and not as good and those braids fell out after a few days - they did fix them up for free though.

Kids play area / Kids Club
The kids club area is indoors next to the main pool. My kids never used it but it looked good and the kids that used it seemed to enjoy it. I think there was one evening a week where there was something happening in an evening to give parents a chance to do their own thing.

There was a small outdoor play area near the spa. Its a shame it wasnt covered over as no one could use it during the day as the slides were too hot. It did seem to get used in an evening but it wasnt very well lit up.

Non-hotel related info
Remember to have pound coins for the coach driver taking you to your hotel. Ours was demanding (yes demanding) money before he would put your cases onto the coach and he was obstructing people who tried to do this themselves - First Choice need to put a stop to this. Another thing we heard and I dont know how true this is (or if its just one of those rumours that gets passed around), was that people were 'missing' one case (where they had matching luggage) at the airport and when they asked someone it was 'found' and the person who got it for them then expected a tip.

Despite some of the things I have said on here overall we had a good holiday. For me this is an average hotel compared to others I have stayed in (admittedly in the Carribean) - it could be much better with a few tweaks but I doubt this will ever happen as hotel management seem happy with the status quo. Its the water park and the staff that makes this place what it is and if thats what is important to you then you will love this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank TheTolsons
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Me and my family went on the 29th of may we returned on 5th of june we felt like royalty every day we went to our room to find a different towel art clean towels every day the staff always said hello the food looked to nice to eat we just relaxed round the pool everyday got waited on hand and foot they dont let u lift a finger I would recemend this hotel to any one the water park is for all ages including adults we had a fantastic time we have booked up for nxt year the life guards are all over so your kids are safe and cold drinks ice creams fresh pizzas you name it its there we had our best waiter was nabil deab mostofe and we just want to say a big thank you to mr sameh fayik office manager and micheala monica furness for the help we got we will see yous in 2013 to every one who fancys egypt I recommend this hotel luv tina grant and boys xx

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed at the CSSR from 23rd May till 2nd June, family of 4, we had a swim-up room no:2107 which is on the sunny side this was kept very clean and tidy by Mamuhood, although at the end of our holiday the socket came of the wall when trying to remove plug from socket. Our kids had a great time on slides and met many friends while on holiday. The staff couldn't do enough for you although I noticed that females on their own were payed unwanted attention. The last day of our holiday my husband had diahorrea and an upset tummy, on the aeroplane home I had the same not a pleasent experience stuck on a plane for 6hrs. Still of work.Don't think we will be going back. Husband attended doctor today,he was informed that of half holidaymakers come home with same symptoms from Egypt..............."One way to lose weight you put on eating and drinking"...

Room Tip: If you still want to go, rooms 2107 to 2115
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family