“Coral Sea Splash Resort Nabq Bay”

Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 26 May 2012

23 May 2012 Just come back form a fantastic holiday in Sharm. Could not fault the Hotel, people or the weather. This hotel has everything you need for children (young and old) the water slides are great fun or there are quiet spots around the pool where you can just do a spot of sun bathing if you prefer. The food was very good, wide choice and served all day. (so don't worry about the diet before you go as you come home a stone heavier anyway) You can try diving in the main pool for free if you think you might like to do this for real,while you are in one of the best diving spots. The staff are all very friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them. You do get hassle if you go shopping in the old market but it is to be expected as most of the shops are selling the same things and they want you to go in there shop rather than the mans next door. It is advised not to get on a camel outside the hotels or on the beach as i did hear some stories that the man will not let you down until you have handed over all your money. Its best on go on a arranged trip from guide operator. We booked our trips with Falcon across the road very helpful and a bit cheaper than the hotel. we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: very good family rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank 438Caroline
Write a ReviewReviews (2,846)

Reviewed 26 May 2012

We had a week at Easter School Hoidays it was fantastic. No long queues even though the resort was full, Something for all ages. Good food. Animation team good

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Chrissie009
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We had a fantastic stay at this hotel but there are a few things i wanted to advise you about that not everyone else does on here...

Transfer time is brilliant, like people say 15mins if that. the staff are waiting to take your luggage from you and they wait with it outside whilst you go into reception and check in. short and easy check in, fill in a form, give them your passports to photocopy and put on your AI wristbands. one thing i want to say is not everyone gets the ride on the golf buggy experience so dont expect it. we told the staff which room we were staying in and 1 staff member took the bags and another walked us and another 3 or 4 families to our rooms. we were shown our room and shown the safe etc, yes they do expect a tip but just an english £1.00 coin will do. the luggage came 5mins later and we tipped him a £1 coin too.

Room - we had a family room for 2 adults and our 2 year old and 5 year old. lovely, big, modern, clean. the mattresses were so thick the kids couldnt climb on the beds which was quite funny to watch. plug sockets, hum, we had 1 in the bedroom which was an english plug socket so no adapter needed, 1 european style next to the wardrobe and another in the bathroom. it took us a while to locate these. the hairdryer is already plugged in and is in the draw under the tv. its a pretty good hairdryer so i wouldnt bother packing your own. tv does have about 4 english film channels so pretty good when kids in bed.

Breakfast/lunch/dinner - lovely main resturant, plenty of room and the staff offer a quick turnaround. im a fussy eater and i do like plain food so for me the food throughout the holiday was a little hit or miss. it was the same food on offer every morning so after ruling out the beef bacon i stuck with the fried egg and toast. the kids loved the pancakes tho so we now have a new nickname for our son pancake jake.
lunch was ok. when there wasnt anything else i liked there was always pizza and chips to fall back on which happened quite alot. dessert at lunch was fruit or every other day ice cream in homemade cones.
dinner - it was a themed night every night but did repeat a few times in the 10 days we were there. if it was indian night then it would be pizza and chips again for me. desserts are the same as most all inclusives, tiny squares of cake with all different types of sponge and a few large cakes - the chocolate gatuax was nice.
i was disappointed with the choices for kids. it was named kiddie corner but all there was was 1 tray with cucumber/carrot/tomato. 1 with something i cant even explain and 1 with pasta in sauce (which was there day and night) my kids ate bread rolls and cucumber sticks with the odd slice of pizza the whole stay.
if youre not a picky eater then your be fine tho, it was just a downer for me personally. the standard of the food was spot on, cooked well and nice and hot.

American diner - we had 2 vouchers for here as stayed 10nights. have to book a table but no trouble with times, lots of space. the staff were lovely in here. my daughter took her simba (lion king) teddy with her and he was given his own seat and menu and was brought out a few chips on a plate and then the waiter came back with ketchup. this made my little girl very happy. food was lovely, it was nice not to have to get up to get it and to be able to eat all at the same time. it wasnt what i was expecting from an american diner, more fancy less tgi fridays. cant fault it tho, very nice, you have to go.

Waterpark - WOW. We spent all of our time here. the lazy river was great, you have to keep an eye out for the empty rubber rings and grab one as it floats past but afer a few days we just walked/swam around it with the kids in their rubber rings. there is a waterfall which you go under but this wasnt on for the first half of the holiday. felt like it got more in season towards the middle of may than at the beginning of our stay. wave pool was great, what else can i say. pirate ship was briiliant, we all went on the slides and the kids figured out where to stand to keep dry when the bucket tipped. probably the coldest pool but after a minute u dont notice it. covered pool (or yellow slide pool as my son called it) was great too, the kids favorite i think. the waterslides - i havent found 1 review which mentions height restrictions so here you go. purple slide and orange slides min 1.07m. spacebowl, boomerang and other blue slide min 1.22m. the boomerang and spacebowl have to be 2 people in a double ring. no solo riders. my hubby was gutted.
flowrider - hubby loved this but be warned tighten those shorts and ladies put a top on. the water is quiet a force. even my 5year old had a go with the guy running it, he loved it.

As all hotels they have the no towels on sunbeds before 8am rule. ignore it and get out there early about 7:30am for a good space with an umbrella.
Another thing not to expect is the drinks brought to you around the pool. after reading many reviews i pictured never going to the bar but during the whole stay we only had maybe 4 drinks brought to us by the passing barman. i think people must tip the staff to get this service but to be honest i would have felt stupid going up to a random staff member and paying him off.
The staff are all usually pretty friendly but it scared the kids because they did get quite close, it was pure friendliness but they werent too keen. i cant say any one member of staff stood out expect the housekeeper. he was nice and gave the kids inflatables which had been left by other guests. he did a good job and made use of the toys in our room when decorating the beds. also the towel art was fab.

Tips - we only tipped the housekeeper the odd couple of english pounds and then £5 on the last day. he seemed pretty happy with this.

Money - i really didnt know what to take currency wise so i took £50 in eygptian pounds and 15euros (leftover from a previous holiday) and the rest in ££. everything was priced in egyptian pound. no euro/no dollar/no gbp. when buying in the shop they did ask ££ or egyptian. i would advise take a small amount egyptian just to get buy and take the rest in ££. the rep told us to use hsbc to exchange our money about 10min walk but we used the bank across the road and right (next to supermarket). saturdays the banks werent open but the nice bloke in the supermarket (turn right out of hotel) exchanged it for us out of his own pocket. got a better exchange rate too 10egyptian for £1!!
Shopkeepers - nightmare. some of them are just really friendly. others swear at you if you dont give them your money. i had to tell 1 bloke off for swearing abuse around my kids but he did apologise. dont think he was used to a women standing up to him. dont go in the shops unless you intend to buy, its hard to get out with your purse still full. they dont like you bargaining them down but you have to, we were coaxed in a shop offering the kids free bookmarks with their names in arabic. 20mins we were in there but did get 2 pictures for 200 instead of the 400!

non of the above dented my experience and my holiday, i really couldnt fault this hotels facilities and have to say its 1 of the best holidays ive ever been on and we will we back. oh by the way we had a nose at the holiday village when we visited the beach. didnt look half as exciting as coral sea splash.

Room Tip: if you look at the main picture on the website of the main pool. around it is the rooms. affectively...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank ibbyjakeabs
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

Myself, my partner and my 6 year old daughter stayed at coral sea splash resort from 6th may for 1 week and all I can say is that I wish I had booked for 10 or 14 days as we all had an amazing time.

From the airport it was only a 15 min transfer and we were there. As soon as we arrived our bags were taken for us and we were greeted in the lobby with a nice drink whilst we completed the check in forms. We were the. Shown to our room which was lovely, (3109) and literally a few mins later our bags arrived at our room. We gave the guy a tip so it's a good idea to have some pound coins with you.

After settling in we headed for dinner. The food was lovely, I'm a fussy water and every day there was always something I liked. No dodgy tummies from food at all and the chefs and staff in the main restaraunt were very friendly and amazing at keeping my daughter amused, most of them remembering her name and one of the chefs even went and got her a chefs hat. :)

The watersides in the hotel are excellent, all of them with lifeguards both at the top of the slides and in the pool at the bottom meaning you could let your children if old enough go on slides alone leaving the adults to have that extra bit of sunbathing time. :) Although I do recommend giving them a try as myself and my partner went on them a lot and had a brill time. There are 2 smaller pools for the kids to small for large watersides, one having a few small slides and the other with a large pirate ship which my daughter loved!! :) the wave pool and lazy river are also really good fun and more relaxing for those not wanting to do the big slides.

We also had several visits to the spa for treatments which was amazing. Mido, the spa manager was a brilliant guy and again was brilliant with my daughter as were all the staff in the spa. Can't thank them enough for making our stay that little bit more special. :)

We also done 3 trips through Falcon Adventures which have their shop across from the entrance to coral sea splash resort. I arranged the trips through email contact before leaving uk and the Scottish girl who works there Kirsty was brilliant and when we went over to pay for our trips at the shop the service received was amazing and I can't thank them enough. The trips were amazing and without fault. We went on the ultimate desert experience, the red sea cruise and the aqua scope submarine trip. All were really good fun and the snorkelling on the red sea cruise to ras Mohammed was spectacular. We even saw a turtle, along with the full cast of finding nemo. :)

All in all it was a fantastic holiday and we would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Sara M
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my 2 boys age 15 and 5 and they both cried when we left !!!
Not much I can add to previous comments except a mention to the animation team Luca,karrieme,David,Zak,meganand Hannah who work tirelessly day and night, my son loved the kids club and also the movie nights with Megan.
My only other comment is that Adel who works in the pool during day and bar at night should be a permanent barman he is so polite and helpful .
I would definately reccomend .

• Stayed: May 2012
0.2 km away
Coral Sea Holiday Village
Coral Sea Holiday Village
#68 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!