Overnight White Desert Safari Camping from Cairo

Book in advance
from
AU$224.72
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience White Desert
from AU$224.72
from AU$387.45
from AU$317.71
from AU$666.41
More Info
All reviews crystal mountain bahariya oasis chicken sleeping bags shooting stars overnight camping camp fire lifetime experience an amazing experience rabbit moon light tour company magical place the entire trip won t delicious meal sand boarding
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2021 via mobile

This experience was amazing and unforgettable. We booked a tour with Islam and Mohamed for 2 days and 1 night, departure from Baharyia Oasis. We got to see the Black Desert, Chrystal Mountains, Valley of Agabat and then we camped in the White Desert. Islam and Mohamed handled everything, they are really kind and professional. We arrived for sunset in White Desert, they made the camp, we had a beautiful view on the famous white rocks. The food and the tea was delicious, we slept under the stars as it was warm (around 30 degrees Celsius) and we woke up for sunset over the desert. I will always cherish those memories. This was for sure my best time in Egypt. I recommend strongly to book with Islam, you can stay one or several nights in the deserts (as you wish). You can contact him by whatsapp : 002 012 7709 8180. He will please all your needs. Thank you for this amazing time ! Cami

Date of experience: June 2021
1  Thank Camille L
Reviewed 1 May 2021 via mobile

It was a very exciting trip and everyone is so welcoming and friendly. We experienced a true Egyptian lunch and dinner. They made us feel like family. Great !

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 18 March 2021

I did a amazing tour with Islam in white and Black desert. It was amazing! They organize your tour in desert for how many nights you desire. Islan was very attencious with me. The tour is organized with careful and attention. Islam make you feel like in home at desert. You can arrange many tours in this region with him. He is the Best guide to desert tours in egypt. You can contact him on whatsapp: 002 01277098180

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 9 March 2021

My favourite part of the trip to Egypt. We did 2 days/1 night private tour to White desert and it was amazing! Time in the White desert was the highlight of our trip and trust me it will leave you speachless. Our guide was Islam (+20 127 709 8180-you can contact him directly). He is very friendly and his meals were very delicious. If you are planning to go to a White desert don`t hesitate to contact Islam. His family is also great, they cooked for us one more delicious meal when we arrived to the village again. Thank you very much Islam for a great experience! :)

Date of experience: March 2021
2  Thank ivona0706
Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

The White Desert is huge. Hire a driver and explore. It is a long drive from Cairo, so takes 6 hours or so depending on how many stops you make.

Make sure you make all the stops along the way (your driver will know them all). Crystal mountain is along the way where there is quartz and it is quite a lovely view along the way.

I also managed to see the white desert chalk rock formations the same afternoon before sunset too. These are quite cool and there are some popular shapes such as the chicken and mushroom and the rabbit. The chicken and mushroom have a fencing around them now to avoid people damaging them. At sunset you can get some great photos and views.

My 4x4 driver also doubled up as a cook and had equipment for camping overnight in a tent. I know some people have said it is nice to see the stars and sleep without a tent... keep an eye on weather. When I was there, it was very very cold and windy at night and I had a sleeping bag and a heavy blanket on top of me and it was still cold and if I didn’t have the tent to separate me from the wind a little I am not sure I would have been able to cope!

It is nice to wake up just before sunrise and walk about. You might see footprints of other birds / animals about.

It’s the desert. No toilets!

Also be sure to get to the black desert and there is a little hike up to get a great view of the black desert landscape.

There are other tourists that go and camp here but not so many that it can be off the beaten track as most people probably cannot be bothered to travel from Cairo and / or pay the price for a driver and 4x4 etc. A small group is better to split the cost / make it more worthwhile.

Date of experience: February 2020