Overnight White Desert Safari Camping from Cairo

Book in advance
from
AU$224.72
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience White Desert
from AU$224.72
from AU$387.45
from AU$317.71
from AU$666.41
More Info
All reviews crystal mountain bahariya oasis chicken sleeping bags shooting stars overnight camping camp fire lifetime experience an amazing experience rabbit moon light tour company magical place the entire trip won t delicious meal sand boarding
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Bahariya Oasis is one of the best spots for Safari and Camping in Egypt. The place is so beautiful with multiple locations to explore. People are very generous and welcoming.
If you’re looking for Safari/Camping white desert is definitely your best choice!

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank aymanali90
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We did a 2 day/1 night trip to the White Desert with Hamada during our visit to Egypt in September 18.
Hamada is an out and out professional who took care of everything right from picking us up in Cairo to dropping us back in our hotel in Cairo. We camped overnight under the stars in the desert and had a nice bonfire dinner in the evening. While the white desert was unique thanks to the rock formations, the sunset was really the high point of the evening. It was also fun with Hamada driving crazy in the desert sands.
The desert is about 500 km from Cairo and the trip is quite tiring. Also it is a truly desert camping experience with no facilities (unlike what we had seen in Rajastan in India where they had tents with basic facilities like restrooms). It was also quite remote and was very deserted, with very few tourist groups (most definitely not for the faint hearted or small groups).
We felt it was very expensive as compared to the general price levels we had in Egypt overall.
While I would definitely appreciate Hamada and his team, I would not recommend as it involves traveling a lot to a very remote place and Egypt has so many interesting things to offer - Pyramids, temples in Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel, camping & water-sports in Sharm el Sheikh etc.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank SaiGan
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

This is a must visit. Only 4 1/2 hours outside of Cairo. This is a protected park. We spent overnight in the desert and it was the most amazing experience for us NYers. The pics dont do justice to the beauty and magic of this place. Take a tour of this desert. It's worth it. An unbelievable and impressionable experience.

Date of experience: April 2018
21  Thank TheGlamLotus
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We took the "Black and White Desert One night Camping Tour" during first week on April. I booked the tour online. They are pretty responsible and arrange drivers/tour guide on time and communication well. The White Desert is out of this world, it has amazing views you can't find it in any other places in this world. The weird thing was that we have not seen any other tourists during the entire trip, it was good and bad, we are happy the whole view not shared with the crowed. but I also was a little worry about the safety. One thing I want to warn people is that the tour guide ask us to give him national park entrance fee (300 Egyptian Dollar/person) in cash. I do not see any park entrance or park ranger, I don't want to give to him initially but he insist that the park would collect from him, so I give the money.
We did the overnight camping back to a sand dune in Oasis because our guide told us it maybe not be safe camping in white desert. Any how if I would had known this trip would be so isolated, I would not feel comfortable to book the tour for my family. But it turned out to be very good experience and my two teen age boys loved the camping in desert.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Yuhong L
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The White Desert (Sahara El Beyda) is well worth the jeep ride from Farafra. As if landing on the moon. The rock shapes formed by strong winds are surreal. Walking amongst them is like being on a different planet especially at sunrise or sunset when they take on a warm yellow glow or a pale pink timt. Like all deserts it is pitch black and silent at night. The stars are phenominal and I would urge you to sleep outside your tent so that you get the sensation of being part of the nigh sky.

Date of experience: August 2017