We are Australians living in the Middle East and travelled with a 4yo and a 2yo and had one of the best holidays we've ever had! Hvar is a must see, the island isn't cheap but it is CLASS! ... Perfect!
Property as advertised and owners were lovely to do business with.
Exceptionally clean, well equipped kitchen and spacious dining. It was lovely to sit on porch each night with a froffie and look over the water.
Note that all of Hvar is expensive, so we thought this option pretty good value. (nb. Five star apartments are exceptionally expensive.)
Do not underestimate how good this apartment is for beach access as decent beaches are not that accessible in Hvar. This is about a 10 min walk to the beach outside Amfora.
Main Square is a 10min walk, but was taking us up to 20 min with the kids
Wifi gets a tick ... it is not always reliable whilst travelling through Croatia but it was excellent (+2Mbps). Bear in mind that in July/Aug peak Hvar internet is terrible all over internet.
Other Hvar tips:
- best coffee IMO is "Loco" on the Main Square
- great wine bar called "vintage"
- make sure you get a boat out to Palmizana for seafood dinner or lunch. It takes about 20 min
- we didn't do the Blue Caves as it a bit too longer boat ride with the kids and the winds were more favourable for Brac, so we hired a boat and skipper for the day and went to Zlatni Rat. It was stunning!
- we were there 21-26 Sept and got lucky with the weather but only just. Was not too crowded but still busy. Ideally we would have chosen to go a fortnight earlier.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Families with young children|