“A wonderful week”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Cavtat
Dublin, Ireland
“A wonderful week”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We are just back from Croatia having stayed a week in the hotel Croatia. To be honest I could not find a fault with this hotel. It is low season at the moment and there are not too many week-long guests there, as it is mostly tour buses staying a maximum of two nights. The reason I am telling this is because we had first class attention from every member of the staff and I found them second to none. We elected to stay on a half board basis and we were glad as it is fantastic value for money. The evening meal is a buffet and everything is delicious and tempting, I could not say enough about the food except that you would not be sorry you dined in the fantastic dining room with panoramic views of the town of Catvat. One minor disappointment was that there is not much to do after dinner in the low season and the night before we were leaving the piano player arrived for the start of the season. The indoor pool and restaurant is fabulous as is all the facilities. I would have no hesitation in recommending this five star (well deserved) hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the town and bay.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank arcants
HotelCroatia, Manager at Hotel Croatia Cavtat, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for finding the time to give us your fee back upon your return from your holidays at the Croatia Hotel
We are extremely pleased to see that you gave us the highest possible ranking and it is good to see that you enjoyed our staff attitude as well as the quality of the food.

We hope to see you back soon in our establishment.

Best regards from Dubrovnik.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (976)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Hotel is situated on the peninsula, in the park. View from the seaside rooms is great, mountainview rooms are more like wall-view. Two beaches - rocky (part of it is nude) and concrete beach with free towels, umbrellas and sunbeds. Water is just perfect, someone can find it a bit cold. For these ones - two pools at the spa center. Spa center has a balony with sunbeds, you should be there after the pool and sauna - sunset is gorgeous!
Food is abundant and diverse, with thematic dinners every night. Prices for wine are affordable, coctails - a bit pricy.
Cavtat is beautiful, quiet, clean and posh village. Lots of restaurants (prices are OK), yachts. No disco, wich is a benefit.

Room Tip: If you can afford, choose a seaview room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank krot_krot
HotelCroatia, Manager at Hotel Croatia Cavtat, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you very much for taking the time to write your opinion concerning your stay in our hotel. I am pleased to see that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you truly enjoyed both, our facilities as well as the quality and the variety of the food.

Your comments are valuable and will allow us to improve day by day our services.
I hope to see you back soon in the sunny Cavtat village

Best regards

Turku, Finland
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Hotel Croatia Cavtat was truly a lovely experience. We stayed there for a holiday for two weeks and would have stayed more if possible. Our sea view room had a lovely view to the sea, from the balcony and from the bed. The room itself was very spacious, very clean and had modern furniture- and a fabulous double bed. I have to say that the sleepquality was superb. The bathroom was nice enough to have it to your own home: clean, modern, nice bath, shower and all the necessities you need. Everything you expect from a five star hotel. The breakfast was wonderful. You could easily pick up your favourites from the buffet-style breakfast restaurant and by choice, enjoy it either inside the restaurant or at the lovely terrace wich had a panorama view over the small town of Cavtat and its beatiful landscapes. The first impression when arriving to the hotel and to Cavtat was that you truly know what you had paid for and that you got even more to return! When exploring the town of Cavtat and Dubrovnik you find yourself relaxed and we enjoyed every minute of it. I recommend to take a rental car for a couple of days or more to make some daytrips on your own if possible. We had a rental car for two days and we visited to Montenegro and Bosnia Hertzegovina as well. What a fonderfull scenery!!
And as you can find from the other reviews as well, the location for this hotel is perfect. From the hotel you can walk everywhere in Cavtat and if you want, just take a taxi or a taxiboat to Dubrovnik and you find even more things to explore.

For two weeks stay we had only one small inconvenience. The fact is that some of the rooms in one side of the hotel with that sea view we had, has also a view to the rocky beach next to the hotel (hotels own beach). Otherwise so charming view had a slightly uncomfortable feature of some hotels guest who had decieded to be all nude on that beach even the nudist beach was in another place. This happened many times. The hotel could improve in supervising the use of the beaches. Fortunately this inconvenience we had was not a everyday harm,as we did not spend so much time in the balcony and I must say that the another hotel beach at the bay of Cavtat with a beachbar and supervision was all familyfriendly and very comfortable.

All in all a lovely holiday, Cavtat is a charming place to stay for a relaxing vacation and the Croatia Hotel Cavtat is a hotel to be recommended. And dont be puzzled of the appearance of the hotel from outside: yes it is a huge building but it does not make it any less cosy to stay in. The staff and the rooms and all service comes with a warm atmosphere the same as you can feel it in all around the beatiful Cavtat.

Room Tip: Sea view room
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
14 Thank a_trip_to_remember
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your impressions on Trip Advisor web page. Compliments like yours make us proud to work for this beautiful property and encourage us to make your stay even more memorable.

I am glad to see that that you appreciated the comfort of our rooms as well as the awesome location of our hotel. I am also pleased to see that you truly enjoyed both variety and quality of our food.

I really hope to see you soon back to “your home away from home”….

Best regards from the sunny Dubrovnik

Jajce, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I have stayed in the hotel for two times (two conferences about energy), and in both cases I had inadmissible problems either on reception or generally with reservation.
The first time, it was November 2010. on International transformers colloquium, when one young man on reception made a big problem for me. Namely, on departure, when I tried to pay my stay, that man, looking into PC monitor, said to me that I need not to pay because it is reserved and paid from my company. When I returned to the company, I came to know that it is not true. I should have to pay the stay on the reception and afterwards the company would return the money to me. Because of that, I had additional costs and problems to pay the stay later on.
That time I experienced one weitress forgot to bring me already ordered coffee.

The second time, it was November 2011. on HRO CIGRE Session, when I had problem with stay reservation. I reserved the stay from 6 - 10. November according the procedure much earlier, in the middle of October sending proposed form by e-mail to one missis (I have her name). When I came to the hotel on 6. November, the man on reception said to me that there is no any reservation on my name. After unnecessary detaining on reception and giving him printed e-mail with reservation form, he consulted with other reception staff and finallly found for me one room.
That time, on departure 09. Nov. as well, the older reception man had big troubles to print the invoice for stay.
Generally, the hotel is too expensive in relation to the level of the service.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Josip M
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to see that you had twice a bad experience when booking your room in our property and I truly understand your disappointment.

Hopefully this misunderstanding should not happen any more in the future since we just changed our entire reservation and check-in system this season for a last technology program.

I sincerely hope that this isolated incident will not prevent you from coming back to our hotel and I will be delighted to meet you personally upon your return.

I apologize for these inconvenient and look forward to meet you personally upon your next visit.

Best regards

Buras, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed here twice now. When we fly out of Dubrovnik we stay here because it is so close to the airport. The staff here is excellent. Food and rooms are very good. You can walk to Cavtat too site see. There you can find restaurants and bars. You can get boat trips around the coast and to Dubrovnik.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MarkCognevich
Dear Guest,

Your comments on Trip Advisor web page have been shared with our staff and we all want to thank you for letting us know about your impression concerning your stay in our hotel.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and food options. We are also glad to see that you liked the genuine Croatian hospitality and the staff attitude.

It is also true that the fact of being located only 3 minutes driving distance from the airport on one of the best possible location of the Dubrovnik coast allows our guests to enjoy their vacation time until the very last moment….

We hope you will join the enormous amount of repeat guest we have the privilege to see coming back year after year to the hotel.

Again thank you and best regards

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavtat
0.7 km away
14.9 km away
Hotel More
Hotel More
#10 of 67 in Dubrovnik

Been to Hotel Croatia Cavtat? Share your experiences!