All reviews bowling alley wellness centre zlatni rat beach indoor pool block d big hotel french tour sea view krka waterfalls tap water is half board main restaurant tennis courts pine trees each evening breakfast and dinner luxury hotel
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend had an amazing bluesun body treatment by Iva- sea salt scrub,orange and lavender mask and chocolate balm massage. One if the best treatments and therapist ever leaving her totally chilled and incredibly soft skin. Highly recommended to anybody travelling to Bol.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
krvaricp, Manager at Bluesun Hotel Elaphusa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear EricF7,

on behalf of our wellness staff thank you for this lovely feedback and for awarding us with the highest rate. We hope we will have the chance of hosting you again next year.

Best regards, Vinko Martinic, Accommodation Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We were part of an insight tour doing the Country Roads of Croatia tour. This hotel was the Insight pick for this trip and from all the internet reviews appeared to be a good choice.
It's what they don't show you on the Internet that is the concern. B block or wing.
After a hot and long day of travel and a tour of a stone museum en-route to the hotel we were looking forward to a cool room and a relax.
When we opened the door on our room we were met with a rush of hot stifling air that in fact matched the walk from the cool lobby through the corridors and up the elevator that Incidentally is tiny hot and built for two people only.

The pathetic air conditioner was on and clearly not able to cope with the heat load in the room, in fact the room was that hot the mattress on the bed was heat synced and like lying on an electric blanket running on high.
I requested a room change and during this request had my intelligence insulted by the young and very rude girl behind the counter asking if I had the controls in the right position and was it turned on, then told immediately they had no other room availability never the less.
Whilst I was at the counter another older guest in our tour asked for a room change from this same block and was granted one by another desk clerk in front of me whilst I was having the very same discussion with my clerk?
I was then assured that at 11am the following day I would have a new room to move to. This old room was old hot unbearable and smelly and had old 1960 decor and no room for luggage or anything.
The hotel manager or clerk advised that a technician had been sent to our room and that the air conditioner was now working, this was an outright fabrication and nothing had been fixed I am sure it was a ruse to dismiss me and make me go away.

We suffered a very hot sleepless evening here and found out that half our group were in superior rooms in D block a new wing.
Others had updated rooms with new air conditioners .
The next day I approached the desk to collect my new room keys firstly I was told I had to wait for another hour when I had been assured 11 am was the time twice this was re affirmed
When I finally got the keys i was horrified to find I was put in a suite one floor lower in the same block, the difference was two rooms one anti room with two with chairs and a second toilet for what I don't know, and this time two air conditioner grills that only just coped with the heat another, uncomfortable night spent in this place.

Our tour guide approached the hotel director that first evening to have a conversation with him and to both mine and my tour guides disappointment this man, with a sly stupid grin on his face brushed us both off and said to deal with his counter staff he was not in the slightest, interested in his guests , or from what I can assume his ongoing relationship with the tour company.
He was ineffective rude and dismissive and this is unacceptable behavior from a person in such a position

The final straw was that the hot water was turned off that night in B block So a cold shower was on offer at 6 am prior to departure this was
the final straw in what was a terrible two days at this hotel.
The early start for us must have caught the hotel off guard turning hot water services off to save money at night is my only explanation in the absence of a logical excuse from staff , as there were many rooms affected in our group.

Again when I spoke to the desk staff I was asked if I had turned the tap on correctly!! Please another insult to my intelligence.

If you must stay here ask to view the rooms before payment and do not stay in B block it is old tired outdated and not renovated and does not deserve even one star
D block is the only wing to stay in
Disappointing and disgraceful it ruined our two days in this beautiful island and two days of my holiday.

I'm sure the manger will respond to this and mention that the room upgrade was a suite this is a loosely used term in this instance, but in all fairness a pillow on the lobby couch would have been better than
the room change to what could scarcely be called a suite.'
The most annoying thing was that other guests were moved to better rooms after I had asked for a room change.

At one point I suggested moving to a Blue Sun hotel next door but the girl at the counter laughed and said they were the best hotel on the beach. Well that's sad then, D block is ok overlooking the water it's the star rating that needs addressing and the staff need further customer relationship training starting with the senior hotel director on duty that night

Disappointed guest

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank south180
krvaricp, Manager at Bluesun Hotel Elaphusa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear south180,

Thank you for sharing your impressions and opinon with us. We are sorry that your stay at Bluesun hotel Elaphusa and our level of service didn't correspond to your needs.

Firstly, we would like to state that our air conditioners turn off automatically if the window is open, in order to preserve energy and be more eco-friendly. That may be one of the reasons why your AC seemed out of order and that is why our receptionist asked you if you had turned it on, which you found to be rude.

Please bear in mind that it is still high season in Bol, and number of available rooms is limited. The reason why gentleman, who came to the reception after you, got a room before you is probably because he asked for a different type of room, which depends on number of persons staying in it.

We truly did our best to help you, thus we are sorry you haven't recognized our effort.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Very nice place to stay if you are looking for some relaxation on that marvelous croatian island. Super nice staff and bug offering. They had rooms although we didnt made a reservation (for a certain premium price i guess ;) the delicious croatian cuisine is dangerous for your figure :)

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
krvaricp, Manager at Bluesun Hotel Elaphusa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear Ramiz I,

thank you so much for giving us your trust and awarding us with the highest rate. We feel truly proud knowing that you have recognized all the effort our staff and management put in. We appreciate all your compliments, especially the one regarding Croatian cuisine. It would be lovely to welcome you again next summer. Bol is waiting for you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We had come from a 5 star hotel in Dubrovnik and have to admit that at first glance the room felt disappointingly basic and dated in comparison. However there are so many great things about this hotel and the area that it actually beat the other hotel hands down.

The facilities are brilliant and there is so much to do for families and kids without it feeling like it's overrun by kids and noisy - it was still very relaxing. From bowling to a great gym and beautiful spa (very modern and the best treatments I have had) to Brac beach, this place has something for everyone. There are too many water and sports activities to count, and for all levels too whether you are couch potato or pro.

Brac town is so pretty and very glam for a night out, many of the private and chartered yachts dock there for dinner. The hotel also has a lovely restaurant on the beach a few feet from the sea, as well as a chilled cocktail bar set in pine trees, with a big wooden kids park next to it so you can have a drink but still keep an eye on the children. Hotel staff are brilliant - so welcoming and friendly yet incredibly professional - and the hotel itself was absolutely spotless all the time.

We stayed B&B so we could venture out at night. The hotel restaurant felt a bit canteen-ish but the food was excellent and considering the number of people, the service was impeccable. Well done that man running the show with military precision!

One little known tip - get you breakfast delivered to your room. It's only €6 as they consider that the food is already paid for. You leave your order on the door the night before, the trolley arrives at the requested time and you get a peaceful breakfast on the balcony in your PJs. Lazy maybe but totally what holidays are about :)

There is so much to do here and we would recommend to anyone. If you have time to venture further afield then there are boats to Split and nearby islands.

The only downsides are that there are not nearly enough sunbeds at the pool and it's pretty impossible to get a bed after 9am. Many people very annoyingly threw their used towels on the beds when they left the pool so it actually looked like they were taken when they weren't. The hotel needs to sort this out. There are also no regular boat services to Split through the day (only 6am) so you have to be an early bird if you want to visit.

Room Tip: Get higher rooms for a better view
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa K

Dear Lisa K,

thank you for your extensive and honest review. Thank you for complimenting our staff and their effort, we truly appreciate it. We hope you will visit us again and have an amazing holiday in Bol again. As for the pool and lack of sunbeds, thank you for sharing your observation with us. We will seriously consider it, as lot of guests have mentioned it.
We appreciate all your compliments addressed to our food, accommodation and entertainment section. Thank you for giving us your trust.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Me and my boyfriend had a great time the week we spent in this hotel. Nice room, good cleaning, loved the bed, good aircondition, free wifi, great location (just a short walk to Slatni Rat beach), nice breakfast.

At this hotel you find a good gym, you kan play bowling and tennis and Thalasso spa is just A M A Z I N G !!!! Don't miss this exellent massage! We both had the 90 minute sport massage and just loved it. If you're like us, and tired of all the bad massage with soft hands you find almost everywere, you will not regret spending some money at this place. Don't save it until the last day like we did, you might just want one more!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the path to the tennis courts,nice and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
krvaricp, Manager at Bluesun Hotel Elaphusa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear Pippisin,

thank you for your kind words, we are so glad to hear that you holiday was just - awesome.Your opinion is very important to us, and we can only promise to continue doing our best. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again, Elaphusa is waiting for you.

Kind regards from beautiful Bol, Vinko Martinic, Accommodation Manager