All reviews stone walls gourmet food restaurant offers three nights eni istria wifi luggage
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

After 3 days in the hotel for a business meeting, overall experience is good, staff is generally helpful, one person particularly: Ms. Eni Sosic who helped organize the meeting to the detail and handled all requirements during the meeting seriously and promptly. The hotel has a new meeting room for smaller groups (up to 20 round table) and yet has some works to complete, esp. aircon (which was not stated to be non-functioning prior to the meeting). Wifi issue has been solved prior to the meeting and wifi was very good, compensating for a weak mobile signal in Bale. Rooms are quite nice, in different styles, however room aircon may require a card key to be left in the room to function, and may be a bit noisy during the night or weak in summer heat (this should be optimized). Breakfast is ok, could include more options since the restaurant has serious potential as lunches and dinners were excellent. The inner court of the hotel is fantastic and very quiet, and the surroundings are beautiful. I would recommend the owner to improve the gaps based on the repeating suggestions on tripadvisor, while most of the staff do their best to make guests' experiences very pleasant.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Very cute and chic hotel in the heart of Bale. We took the apartment option which was very spacious. Exterior is Bale tradition style and interior is modern and refurbished.

Try to have a meal here, restaurant is good.

There is no parking so you must use the Bale central carpark (1 minute walk). Wifi is reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2016

We stayed one night.
So unfortunately we didn't get the chance to try the Spa neither the restaurant.
But this hotel is charming.
I have been given a huge room on the ground floor.
I have hardly seen rooms clean like this one.
The receptionist was really nice and gentle.
The breakfast is classic but really nice. Hot dishes such as scrumbled eggs, saussage ans bacon are made to the order.
Will definitaly keep this address in my trael book for next times!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank LiliFabAndTheKids
Reviewed 4 October 2016

We had three nights in this gorgeous small hotel. The location is charming at the same time as being a good base for exploring the area.
We arrived at the hotel in the dark after a flight delay and our welcome from Matea was just what the doctor ordered. She told us not to rush for our dinner and to have a drink in the bar and take time to relax. Perfect.

Our first night was sadly one with little sleep as the bar noise was extremely loud , an endless waterfall of bottles landing on top of each other . It stopped around one but then we had more noise from 5am. First floor room just up from the bar.

The next morning a steely faced woman swapped our room which was superb, really quiet and a much nicer room , though I doubt any are bad, the design values here are spot on.

There is free parking opposite the hotel which is so useful.

We loved the small village and simply having a morning stroll round it from the front door, it's beautiful and we had it to ourselves.

THe breakfast was fine for us and had good drinks choices etc.

WE had dinner here every night in the end as we did so much in the daytimes that we were tired so it was nice to enjoy staying put, and when you have one of the best restaurants in town at the foot of your stairs its a no brainer.
Top food, great wine, knowledgeable lovely staff. Fantastic.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbunny65
Reviewed 22 September 2016

I was here too long....
The room was cute but we had one big problem! The hotel left the windows in the room open and even though the windows had screens the room was full of mosquitos. It was until the second night that we realized the screens were not keeping the mosquitos out. My boyfriend was getting tortured the whole night, so he decided to go to war with the mosquitoes, he turned on the light and was determined to kill every last mosquito. I had no sleep that night.

Breakfast was good
I love their coffee machine, it made the best frothy espresso I have ever had. Wonderful scramble eggs but the grilled veggies could have been grilled longer. I had the same breakfast for three straight days and the veggies always came out a bit undercooked.
At first all the waiters seemed rude than I realized that they are just serious. However, there was a younger boy that I wished I had asked him for his name, he was the youngest and had blonde hair. He was rude! Every time I asked him a question he would look at me like I was inferior/stupid and he could speak English so I knew he understood me. And one time I asked for a bottle of still water and he gave me sparkling. I opened the bottle and took a sip and realized it was the wrong bottle. Told him I asked for still and was waiting for him to say sorry. I volunteered to just keep it ( kept it in my room fridge for later) anyway and asked for a still bottle. I wished I didn't have to pay for water twice but I was more annoyed that he did not even bother apologizing.

Spa
I did not know they had a Spa until I was bored in the room since the internet would come and go. I made an appointment for two massages, my bf went first and said the massage was less than average. I was feeling regretful of the appointment. The massage room had no sheet on the massage table, she showed me the curtain were I could take off my clothes and put on a robe. Normally the massage person leaves the room and I go under the blanket and they knock on the door before he/she enters the room. Since I came in my workout clothes I did not have an underwear on. When I put the robe on I thought she would at least look the other way before I took it off and jumped on the table. I felt so uncomfortable!! I grabbed a towel and just tied it on me and told her to just massage my feet and hands, she started massaging my legs and my butt. Fine I'll let her massage my body but her touch was very little so I asked for more strength and she yelled at me. "I just started, you need to relax." Which did the complete opposite for me, so I got up put my clothes back on and left.

I had a manicure and pedicure scheduled for the next day. The massage lady said she did not do nails...I was thrilled it would not be here so I kept my nail appointment. The manicurist was nice and warm. Everything was okay but her foot scraper/filler she used on me was used. I asked her if she could use a new one on me and that I would pay more for it but she claimed she didn't have any more with her.

Room Tip: Wifi is horrendous !
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple