All reviews park entrance jiuzhaigou national park after a long day stayed here for nights well located hotel restaurant staff yogurt buffet breakfast and dinner buy tickets jiuzhai valley spoke english taxi chengdu zang doorman spicy
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Nice location (close to the entrance to Jiuzhaigou). Clean and in good condition. Buffet was good and changed from day to day. On the flip side, staff were not so attentive - tables were left uncleaned so customers were left to look for a fresh table.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

This place has no air conditioning...almost. It was sweltering. We complained on the first evening of our 3 nights stay. A staff member came along with an A/c technician. He fiddled with something on the false ceiling - but really no perceptible change. The staff offered to move rooms, but I refused. I complained at the reception - and the staff there said there is a general problem with air conditioning in the entire hotel. They have complained many times to maintenance, but no feedback taken.
We had to sleep with the windows open to make it bearable. Ridiculous!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
SheratonJZG1, Manager at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Sriramagopalan D,

We appreciate your time in sharing this review which gives us the opportunity to continually improve our facilities and service standards, and sincerely apologize that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We have highlighted this air conditioning issue to our management team. Please be assured that our guests' feedback is taken on-board and duly addressed in order to improve our standards.

Once again, we would like to apologize for the disappointment you experienced during your stay, we sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to recover your impression of Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort

Reviewed 30 June 2017

A large hotel with very comfortable western style rooms and facilities, at a very reasonable cost. Excellent décor. The buffet breakfast and dinner had a huge selection of Western and Chinese food. There is also a Chinese restaurant in the hotel. Unfortunately, the hotel does not serve any lunches – note even in a small café, but I guess most guests are out for the day. English is spoken at the reception. It’s in an excellent location but is at least a 20 minute walk to the park or you can pay 15 / 20 RMB for a taxi each way.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017

The Sheraton is located less than one mile form the entrance to the Jiuzhaigou national park. The location is extremely convenient - it costs about 15-20 RMB (2-3 USD) to take a cab right to the entrance. I didn't have too much expectation to begin with since it was a primarily a hotel for travel groups. However, the SPG recognition (I am a SPG platinum) was excellent. The front desk associate who checked me in even went beyond to call the lounge to extend the happy hour for us so we could have some refreshment upon arrival ( I am sorry I didn't get the associate's name). I was upgraded to a very spacious suite for the 3 nights, and plenty of water was restocked everyday (4-6 bottles).

The breakfast buffet was not as fancy as the ones you would get in major cities in Asia, but it was good enough for us. It had a nice spread of Chinese and Western items, with a local noodle bar on the other side of the restaurant. I have to recommend the Chinese restaurant for dinner though. We were too tired to try the restaurants around since day 2 (besides, we tried the best rated one on DIANPING the 1st night, and it was so so). Thus we had rest of our dinners at the hotel(not the buffet, but the actual restaurant), and the quality of the food was actually way above our expectations, and much better than the local one we visited the 1st night. It had a variety dishes from Sichuan style (local), Zang style (local), and Cantonese style, thus you can still be pretty satisfied even if you can't tolerate spicy that much.

Last note, the parking attendant/doorman was very nice to point out that our rental car had a flat tire. We would have had a complete flat tire the second day if he didn't do so. Thanks for that!

Overall, the service is excellent, I'd say beyond most of the Sheraton I have visited around the world. All the staffs were very warm and welcoming , from the front desk to lounge associate. I'd definitely recommend any one to this hotel if visiting the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
SheratonJZG1, Manager at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear x9nerx,

Thank you for taking your time to write this generous review of us. Providing excellent service is at the core of our service commitment to our guests and your kind words will definitely motivate the team to keep up our high standards. We are also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast experience at Mirror Lake Cafe, and dining experience at Pearl Court.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon for another wonderful vacation.

Best regards,
Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I chose the Sheraton because it's close to the entrance to Jiuzhai Valley National Park (about a 15 minute walk). Before leaving the US the very helpful Concierge staff arranged for a taxi to take me from Jiuzhai-Songpan airport, 90 minutes away, to the hotel. This transfer was the biggest concern of my trip: I was arriving late and the airport is far from the hotel. Everything went smoothly; compliments and gratitude to the staff at the Sheraton. All the staff members were friendly and helpful, and spoke English to make up for my extremely limited Mandarin. The room was comfortable, clean, and spacious, and the rest of the hotel is elegant too. Buffet breakfast and dinner offered numerous excellently prepared Chinese and Western choices, and service was excellent too. After a long day hiking the spectacular trails of Jiuzhai Valley Park and Huanglong, this is the place I want to come back to to unwind.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo