All reviews park entrance jiuzhaigou national park after a long day stayed here for nights well located hotel restaurant staff yogurt buffet breakfast and dinner buy tickets jiuzhai valley spoke english taxi chengdu zang doorman spicy
Reviewed 23 May 2016

I recommend Sheraton for 2 reasons - location and staff. It's the only international star hotel within walking distance of Jiuzhaigou National park (20-25 minutes by walk or a short cab ride for around 20 CNY).
Staff were amazing. Their english was basic but they willingly helped us in every possible way. Being a vegetarian with specific dietary requirements and zero Mandarin knowledge, I found it very difficult to find good food outside. When I did not find anything suitable for me in the Sheraton menu, I explained my requirements to the restaurant staff. Though it took 10 minutes to get them on the same page, the result exceeded expectations. My sincere thanks to the chef and restaurant staff.
Another example was when we asked for staff's help for buying a memory card. Instead of just pointing to the shop within the hotel, he went to the shop and checked if memory card is available before guiding us to the shop. We also booked taxi to Huanglong and airport through front desk staff which was very convenient.

Room was dated with aging carpet and decor but was clean. Breakfast spread is good covering both Chinese and western cuisine. I highly recommend room with breakfast package as it is totally worth the cost. Overall, a very comfortable stay with excellent customer service.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VidyaTP
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

I wanted to spend 2 full days in the "valley" to explore the national park and the huanglong scenic spot/park so I was initially a bit surprised to find a Sheraton in this remote location.

The hotel is about 1.5km away from the park's entrance which made it a convenient choice and I was also positively surprised by the room rates.

The rooms are large, lcd tv (with mostly Chinese channels), large bathroom, free drinking water and all the amenities expected from a Sheraton hotel. The restaurant is also nice although a bit pricey.

For me as I don't speak a word in Chinese the concierge staff where invaluable from organising post collection down to the excursions I had in mind (huanglong is 2.5hrs drive away each way) so wanted a reliable driver.

Friendly tip book the room with breakfast as there is nowhere to eat or get a coffee until you reach the park!

Another tip: beware of counterfeit 100 notes, unfortunately even some ATMs dispense them!

Final tip: huanglong is not worth the long drive in the "dry" season that ends in May!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Solo_Londoner
SheratonJZG1, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Dear Solo_Londoner ,

Thank you for your generous review of us on TripAdvsior.

We appreciate your kind compliments on our hotel’s convenient location, facilities and warm service.

We hope to welcome you for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Generally a good hotel with good staff, good facilities, good restaurant, in a perfect location. The room was adequate although not spacious and the accouterments were nice. The only down side was the bathroom which was microscopic. We stayed here for 3 nights and we're pretty happy with it. The bed was good.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Luke W,

Thank you for sharing this positive review. We are delighted that you are satisfied with our staff, facilities, restaurant and the hotel location.

We hope to still be your preferred choice of accommodation in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

Nice hotel, very good service, average English. Good bed.
Nice spa, not expensive at all. (nice to go after the park).
We also ordered hamburgers for dinner. Very good hamburgers.

They have a pool downstairs.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Renee T, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear Ivette23,

Thank you for your generous review of us on TripAdvsior.
We appreciate your kind compliments, and we hope to welcome you for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

I am traveling with my wife and planeed to stay 4 night at delux tween bed room at mountain view # 2620.

1.location
It is not far for walking to valley entrance while another 5 star hotel is far and need taxi. there is only 2 five star hotel

2. reception
quite ok and very friendly to customer

3. room
room is quite ok but window is too small to intake fresh air and no insect screen. shower water pressure is ok. there is bath and so confortable to me

4. there is open space bothside of 6 floor. we bring chairs to there and stay there for drinking tea and fresh air. if hotel use that space for the customer who stay at hotel longer time .it will be good place.

5. restaurant
facility and staff ok. food is normal.
I feel the good proce of jiuzhaigou is a little expensive than other city. considering this point it is ok for breakfast. there are few local restaurant near this hotel

5.since there is only two five star hotel at here. if you do not bring car you have to select this hotel.

kwon

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Renee T, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing this review of us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and the convenient location of our hotel. Thank you for your suggestions, we will pass them to our management team.

We hope to welcome you back to Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort again in the near future.

Best Regards,