All reviews park entrance jiuzhaigou national park after a long day stayed here for nights well located hotel restaurant staff yogurt buffet breakfast and dinner buy tickets jiuzhai valley spoke english taxi chengdu zang doorman spicy
Reviewed 5 November 2015

The hotel is very closed to Jiuzhaigou National Park and this is the reason we selected it.

Sheraton Jiuzhaigou offers a nice space, clean room and good service. Staffs can speak English and provide good service and help.

Foods are acceptable only. Breakfast is expensive. A la carte menu has a lot of choices in term of Chinese and western food. We tried both which are good quality and fair pricing.

We will consider to return should we come back to Jiuzhaigou.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunflowerhanoi
Reviewed 28 October 2015

My first hour at the hotel was a shocker and it was a great disappointment for me, who has stayed in many Sheraton hotels around the world, over the years. Simply put, let me list the issues I encountered during the first hour after I checked in to my room:

(1) The room's bathtub had mold in black and grey colors all around its grouting. After inspecting the tub, a hotel supervisor moved me to a different room. The bathtub in the second room still had mold, but at least there were less to a degree that I could tolerate.
(2) Next I found the night table light was not working (the light bulb was out).
(3) When I tried to call for repair, I noticed the room's telephone was not working.
(4) Wi-fi in the room did not work for emails, and all my other web-based apps, except for WeChat and WhatsApp. This problem persisted throughout my stay and I ended up using the hotel lobby computers instead when I had to.
(5) The room's temperature was hot. Despite hot and cool settings, the thermostat in the room could blow hot air only. I was told the system would not blow cooler air that time of the year because the outside temperature was low. So I had to open the windows throughout my stay. Even with the windows open, the room was very hot.
(6) After my room-service food arrived, I was told I could not charge it to my room. I explained to the server that, using my credit card, I had paid extra as deposit for room services and other miscellaneous items at the time of my check-in. He said he would check with the front desk and get back to me. He never did.
(7) The hotel supervisor took my room key with her after she moved me into the second room. I had to go to the front desk later that evening to retrieve my key.

Throughout that first hour, the hotel staff was polite and responsive. For example, items (2) and (3) were fixed within 15 minutes. The hotel supervisor was courteous and apologized for the bathtub issue and missing room key.

I feel terrible that the staff had to struggle with these problems on top of their already stressful jobs. Nevertheless, the extent of these problems shows that there is a systemic issue.

Room Tip: Thoroughly inspect room before agreeing to take it.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jkny2015
Renee T, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us. We appreciate your highlight on the areas of shortfall you had observed during your recent stays with us.

We are regretful that your experience on your recent visit has fallen short of your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the discomfort that you experienced. We have since re-emphasised the importance of paying attention to details to the Housekeeping and Engineering team to ensure that there is no recurrence in future.
We are also working closely with our internet vendor in providing more stable and fast internet services.

Our guests are our top priority and we continue to go the extra mile to ensure that every stay is positive and warm, from pre-arrival to post-departure. Kindly contact us through spg.jiuzhaigou@starwoodhotels.com, in order for us to extend our sincere apologies for the shortfalls.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

We were very disappointed by our experience and would not recommend the Sheraton to anyone who is expecting a 5-star experience from one of the top international hotel brands.

Pros:
- The location of the Sheraton is the main positive especially once you are done at Jiuzhaigou National Park. The heavy traffic outside the park due to the single lane roads makes you feel glad that you can walk back to your hotel and not be stuck in traffic after a long day of sightseeing and crowding with tourists.

- The other positive is the firm and comfortable bed, which we expect from the Sheraton.

Cons:
- The check in staff had a bad attitude and insisted we booked a twin bed instead of a king bed. The staff said the error was from booking.com and said there was no king bed room available in the main hotel wing. When we said we can compromise and stay one night in a twin room but want to switch to a room with a king bed the next night, she said she can't guarantee that we can get one if the customer requests to extend their stay. What kind of logic is this? Only when I got pissed off did they give me a room with a king bed. Which made me wonder why didn't they give me this room in the first place and had to go through 30-40 minutes of crap when I check in?

- Like all hotels we have stayed in China, the Sheraton has thin walls. This meant that we could hear the people next door talking and showering which affected our sleep. We could also hear the housekeeping lady cleaning the room diagonally across ours at 7.30am! When u pay US$300 a night, you want a good night's rest and not be woken up by housekeeping or your neighbours! How do u tell the people who walk past your door at 6am to shut up so that you can sleep?

- The room felt old and dusty, and it didn't help that the floor was fully carpeted. There were also cracks on the toilet walls.

- Even though the bed was comfortable, the pillows were either hard n high or too low which gave me a neck ache.

Others:
- Strangely, the elevator lights were off in the morning when we went for breakfast at 6.30am.

- The Sheraton needs to educate their service staff - one waiter did not allow us to charge our dinner to our room as he said we didn't place a deposit with the hotel even though we did. It was eventually resolved but once again the customer experience was poor.

Overall it was a horrible experience for us and we would most probably stay at the Intercon if we visit Jiuzhaigou again.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Walter L
Renee T, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting us as your choice of accommodation on your recent trip to Jiuzhaigou. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences; it is through continuous feedback that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

We are regretful that your experience on your recent visit has fallen short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort that you experienced during your stay. We have since re-emphasized the importance of paying attention to details to the operations team to ensure that there is no recurrence in future.

Our guests are our top priority and we continue to go the extra mile to ensure that every stay is positive and feel warm from pre-arrival to post-departure. Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and we will look forward to having another privilege of welcoming you again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 14 October 2015

I stayed in Sheraton JZG during my Sep JZG trip, great hotel with great location.
It is around 5 mins taxi drive to JZG National Park (20RMB), some staff can speak English.

It is also within 5 mins walk to a night markets where you can find sourvenirs.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Renee T, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this positive review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and our convenient location in Jiuzhaigou.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Jiuzhaigou.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

We chose this hotel due to its location, which was near the park entrance. Indeed a right choice as ones would be better off start their visits as early as possible. Otherwise the park would be loaded with local and international tourists.

The room was out dated with very small bathroom. The bonus point was it had 2 queen beds which would suit travellers with kids. The furnitures were old. Cleanliness was not quite up to international brand hotel standard. However this was understandable for most hotels situated at mountains and national parks. The room rate was pricey too.

Food was fine. We had dinner and breakfast in their restaurant.

Most tourists I believed would choose to stay here mainly for it's location.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank SleekVoyageur
Renee T, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write this review for us. While it is heartening to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and liked our convenient location and Sweet Sleeper beds, we are disappointed to hear that our furnishing was not up to your expectation.
Rest assured that your feedback has been duly noted for review and improvement. We look forward to extending the warm Sheraton hospitality to you once again!

Warm Regards,