“Bettola - New Experience!”
Review of Bettola

Bettola
Reserve with OpenTable
Bettola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 1,016 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I met a friend for lunch there this week, she had been before, but this was my first visit. I thoroughly enjoyed it!! Right in the heart of 'Pepper Place', very nice décor, great service and the food was wonderful! I had a scrumptious sandwich - pollo pomodora - with what must have been 'made on site' bread! Along with a salad. No rush, we were able to sit and visit, very enjoyable. Look forward to returning and trying the pizza!!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We were in town escaping the hurricane. I must say Bettola was a nice "light out of the storm", as it was a cold, wet, rainy night and we were stressed due to waiting to leave town to return home! Service was AWESOME! We shared a Calamari app which was in a spicy marinara type sauce...yummy and so nice to have unbreaded Calamari! We shared the house special pizza, which was a white style with kale, sausage, a fresh egg...it was truly the finest and most gourmet pizza ever. It was not a night for large entrees for us (We had been rained on all day and we were just in a pizza mood), but seeing some entree dishes served nearby, I would definitely return to further explore the menu. Wine: super overpriced and super short-poured. Hate that. Overall, I would say this is a sweet find, esp on a cold, rainy night! Thx for the 10% FL evacuee's discount! Dine here with confidence for a great culinary experience and a moderate price (except wine).

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

A great location and good service started the night off right. We enjoyed a cannelllini purée with olive oil and bread as an appetizer. We stuffed ourselves with the Sugo di pomodoro, margherita pizza and filetti pizzas. It was all delicious. The pizzas cooked in a large brick fired oven and the crust was some of the best I've eaten. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited Birmingham for a date weekend. We picked Bettola as our first night dinner. What a great choice. I had scallops over risotto and she had pork with gnocchi. Both were excellent. We had the fire roasted calimarie with red sauce as an appetizer. It was a little tough, but the red sauce was great with the bread. The wait staff was very attentive and the service was prompt and courteous. I would definitely go back here again.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

It's my regular "go-to" Italian spot in Bham. Wonderful wines and handmade pastas with a great atmosphere. I highly recommend the Quatro Formaggi, Sugo di Pomodoro, and the Risotto with Scallops. The wine selection is well thought-out. If you're into cocktails, the offerings are imaginative and tasty. Mangiare!