“Amazing!”
Review of Bettola

Bettola
Reserve with OpenTable
Bettola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 975 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

As an Italian, it's difficult to find an experience like what I received as a child. The antipasto, bread, meal, salad, and service were just like home. Completely impressed and will return often!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Went in to try the neoplitan style pizza. We ordered two different ones, but 1 would have been plenty'with a split salad or appetizer. Eat the bread-its worth the calories! Try the olive oil based AND the marinara based pizza. They are both Devine and the closest I've had to Italy in Bitmingham. It's crispy around the edges and a bit gooey (sorry for lack of words) in the middle. Good italian wine selection. Tried a nice full bodied from Tuscany. Nice! Eat inside or out-give it a try!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I recently reviewed Bettola and had a poor experience with service. My wife and I returned tonight and sat at the bar where we were served by Stewart. He was awesome. The service, from the hostesses to Stewart, were phenomenal. It was a completely different experience in regards to service, with the same fantastic and authentic food as before. Looking forward to many more great dinners at Bettola.

1  Thank AustinD11
Reviewed 5 March 2017

My wife and I went to Betolla for a date night. We did not have reservations but were able to be quickly seated at the chef's table. To start off with the bad, the service was very poor. We were not acknowledged by our waiter for an extended time and while my wife was in the middle of eating bread, he came along and took the plate without asking if we were done. He never came to refill our water a single time. Not even once. On to the good. The food was fantastic. Having been to Italy, this is one of the rare restaurants that seems to be able to incorporate true Italian style and flavor into their dishes. Highly impressed in that regard.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

My friend and I were in town to watch the Davis Cup match at the BJCC, and needed an early dinner reservation once the USA won the doubles match fairly quickly. We were lucky that Bettola had just what we needed.

The restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere, comfortable, not too noisy, with a sense of energy and antcipation. We ordered the large antipasti, which allows you choice of meats, cheeses, and sauces. Our waiter, Kevin, helped us select the cheeses and suggested a very nice red wine to accompany this course. For dinner I ordered the gnocci with pork belly, and my friend had the red snapper. The gnocci was excellent and the pork belly tender and lean. A dry white wine was paired with this course. Tiramisu completed our meal.

All in all, an excellent experience.

Been to Bettola? Share your experiences!