“Not like it used to be”
Review of Frontera Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Frontera Grill
Ranked #395 of 986 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I used to enjoy this restaurant but the food just doesn't seem to be as good. The salsa is not good, taste like it comes out of a can.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Nothing really special about the food. It's good. Environment is good. Decor is great. Service is always excellent. They're great about keeping your drinks full and salsa.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

Typical Mexican dishes. Very quick service after ordering. Attentive servers. Pretty decor. Good prices.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

No frills here, people. Simply adequate, lightning fast service and cheap, delicious food. My partner and I eat here about once every other month. It is our go-to on nights we don't feel like cooking. I always get the vegetarian spinach fajitas. The beans and rice and solid. The guacamole you get on the side is pretty good. You get a truckload of food for the price that you pay.

I especially like this restaurant because it is always the same people working. I like seeing familiar faces. I like being greeted as though I am a familiar face. There is one server that usually works on the right side of the restaurant. He's my favorite.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Consistently good Mexican food. When your only complaint is that your husband couldn't get a room temperature "glass" glass for his beer, then its a good night! I had the steak & chicken fajitas and my husband had soft chicken tacos. They had no problem substituting my rice for double beans. Quick service.