“Night out”

Don Pepe Incorporated
Ranked #141 of 1,036 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Went on a Friday night. Had Xavier for a waiter. He was a great one of the best waiter’s I’ve had in a long time. The food was phenomenal. The price was very reasonable. As you know I’m a vegetarian and they were very, of accommodating to help with making it vegetarian. FYI Spanish rice there has chicken broth and refried beans has Lard in it.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I want to love this restaurant since it's close to my new home and I love Mexican food but it just didn't deliver. The chips and salsa were very good but the rest of the meal was just okay. It took over 30 minutes to get our food (I've never waited that long for Mexican food) and my food was sort of warm. It wasn't terrible but I know that there are Mexican restaurants that are cheaper, have better food and better service at least on the other side of town.

1  Thank AUPatriot
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Family dinner was our first at Don Pepe. We decided to split a magnificent lava stone bowl filled with grilled onions, peppers, hotter than humanly possible grilled jalapeños, cactus, steak, chirazo and the crowning touch, two marinated and grilled quail. Holy cow it was GOOD

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Working in the area and was looking for a Mexican restaurant. Found good reviews on Don Pepe's and they did not disappoint!! Had the Beef Chimichanga it was delicious and large serving. The Skinny Margarita's delicious! All the food was fresh and came out Hot. Will be back next trip.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Traveling from Texas, it's always scary walking into a Mexican food joint. The out-of-state salsas are usually awful. Full of comino and cilantro.

Greeted with excellent service and attitude.

Delicious chips, salsa and white qeuso.

My verde chicken enchiladas were perfect and the refried beans were too. High quality cheese. My son had the ground beef chile relleno and said it was great.

We were never without chips, salsa or drink refills.

Superbly managed eatery.