USD 276
  • Restaurant
USD 123
USD 120
Hampton.com
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
USD 103
USD 128
USD 109
USD 155
USD 123
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Yikes! First this is not a hotel it is a reused motel. The back of the building is 200 yards from the interstate so very noisy, not to mention the train and all the noise associated with people in the parking lot, or on the cat walks, carrying on at all hours as the arrive or return to the motel.

Checking in on a "no refunds" from the 1-800 number reservation, after an 8 hour drive and 5 hours at UAB hospital. Was asked to provide credit card and license - even though the room was already paid for. Asked what was to be done with license? Answer: going to scan it. Explained I was not comfortable with scanning all the information on my license, and could just the required information be typed in. NO! I restated that I wasn't at all comfortable with that and would let the management know how displeased I was. What followed was the attendant being rude, unwavering, and not willing at all to help resolve the situation. I was also berated with: you will provide your license to be scanned, or will not be allowed to stay on the property, as well as other pleasantries. No choice. Had to stay very, very displeased. Didn't sleep much.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Duane H
Bobby T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Birmingham South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hi Duane,

I do apologize for your experience, our hotel is not by any train tracks or interstates. I just want to make sure you are reviewing the correct hotel. If these things did happen at our property please reach out to me directly so I can assist.

General Manager 205-822-2224

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

After a long day of traveling, we looked forward to check-in. There were many issues, but the worst were the cockroaches scattering all over floor, and even on top of the beds. They refused a refund, but offered another room? Like roaches and vermin do not travel to other rooms? Filthy, disgusting hotel with poor customer service. We left right away and found another hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna A

Hi Donna,

I want to apologize for the experience you encountered while staying with us. This is not acceptable and I want to send you a VIP pass. Please reach out to me directly so I can mail it to you. Again this is not our standard and we have had all of our rooms sprayed.

205-822-2224

Reviewed 18 October 2017

They have put down laminate floors and our room was so slick it was hard not to fall. Also, I had put on a new pair of white socks and when I pulled them off that night they were black after only wearing them on our room's floors. Stains on the sheets and comforter. They did change the sheets but never changed the comforter and never mopped the floor so we wouldn't fall. I hope this helps someone from an accident.

Room Tip: Don stay here
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for your feed back, I have looked into our housekeeping practices and have made improvements. We are also looking into ways to prevent slips on the laminate floors. I want to apologize for the experience you encountered and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I have never been to a hotel that did not have shampoo, conditioner, lotion and kleenex, but the room was nice, we had the standard room (no microwave,iron, ironing board,etc.) Bed was very comfortable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We stayed here for Parents Weekend at UofA and everything from the staff to the room was amazing! Room was very clean, well lit, bathroom was clean and the whole room was very updated! The manager, Bobby, was very helpful and very attentive to guest! Bed was very comfy and sheets were clean! Room smelled nice & didn't have musky odor!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 131 in back by pool! There was no noise problem as we didn't hear anyone that was outside!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family