“The Shrimp and Grits gave me Life!”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #29 of 986 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017

As a person who is born and raised in the South, I avoid ordering certain items from restaurant menus. Shrimp and Grits are one of those items. A few weeks ago, I was visiting this Pappadeauxs and decided to take a chance and ordered them and I was not disappointed. Not only was it prepared properly, the grits were creamy and not lumpy but the portion was the perfect size. It was full of plump grilled shrimp and overall enough to fill up on with leftovers for a doggie bag. In addition to the food, I do not want to omit the quality of the service. For a restaurant that is always busy, the wait wasn't long for a late lunch/early dinner. In addition, you have the option to sit in the bar if you don't want to wait on a table. The hostess stand is set up with the texting feature so if you decide you want to sit at the bar you can just reply "bar" and take your name off the list without having to walk back up to the hostess stand. Overall a great experience and next time I'm passing through Birmingham, I will stop here again.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Was visiting family and friends in the area and was very happy to finally try a Pappadeux after numerous recommendations. Wait staff was gracious, presentation was excellent, and the food topped off an excellent meal. The Pasta Mardi Gras was just what I was hoping for. Others enjoyed the Crawfish Combo, Crab Cakes, and some great desserts too. Pappadeux needs to expand into Tennessee (please).

Reviewed 3 July 2017

When we lived in Texas we really enjoyed our visits to Pappadeaux’s, so we were really looking forward to our late lunch at Pappadeaux’s in Birmingham and we were not disappointed. We started with a dozen raw oysters which were excellent and an order of calamari which was average. I loved my order of soft shelled crabs which were lightly breaded and pan fried until Nancy gave me a taste of her entrée which blew me away. She had the Scallop & Crab Pappardelle Pasta which consisted of 8-10 scallops and lump crab meat along with spinach and chunks of squash in a lusciously creamy Parmesan cheese infused sauce.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

My two friends and I really enjoyed our dinner stop here as we traveled back to our hometown. I ordered the scallop and crab pappardelle pasta but the restaurant had run out of scallops. The manager/chef came to tell me and asked what else I wanted? Since I really wanted the scallop and crab pappardelle pasta, he offered suggestions on meat options. He suggested and cooked my pasta with ahi tuna instead and it was delicious!!!!!!!!! I also ordered the first kiss cocktail and it was delicious also!!!! The manager/chef went "out of his way" to make sure I had an enjoyable dining experience!! I always enjoy dining here when traveling through this area! Consistently good!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I have been to these places all over the United States and I just was not pleased with the quality of the food today....... it was relatively busy but the food seemed dry and overcooked for the most part..... really not used to that kind of service here ......the quality is always 4-5 star every other one I've been to

It's quite disappointing because I live in the Northeast and don't have many opportunities to go here nowadays

3  Thank Sgkbroker