“Excellent customer service”

Sheraton Birmingham
Ranked #32 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 March 2012

MS. Jocelyn Stubbs went the extra mile to make sure my stay was enjoyable and accommodating. She put the "H" hospitality. She and the rest of the staff is the reason I prefer staying at the Sheraton and not with a family member.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
SheratonBhm, Manager at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for your kind words about MS. Jocelyn Stubbs. We are proud to have her as a team member at our hotel. Jocelyn and the rest of the Sheraton team strive to provide you with the best hotel stay imaginable and are pleased to know we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Birmingham.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

WHile everyone who worked at this fine hotel was very friendly and welcoming, Jocelyn Stubbs at the Front Office was amazing. I came for an anthropology conference and had reserved my room and my student's room on my credit card. In order for both of us to be reimbursed by the university we had to re-work the bills. At both check-in and check-out Jocelyn worked with us. She even remembered both of our names and greeted us like we were friends rather than troublesome guests! Her winning smile and helpful attention makes me smile just wrting this review.

Room Tip: If you chose to forgo fresh towels and sheets, you recieve a $5 food voucher from the hotel. You ha...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your very kind words about Jocelyn Stubbs and the Sheraton team. Traveling with a group of students can often be a challenge and I am pleased to hear we made your journey easier. We are proud to be your home away from home in Birmingham.

Also, thank you for mentioning the "make a green choice" program. We are proud to be Birmingham's only certified green hotel. Choices such as this help each of us protect our environment.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton-Birmingham for a weekend conference with my sorority held at the hotel... I was very pleased. The hotel was very neat & business oriented. The front desk staff were always friendly & welcoming. My bell attendant Carey Pettway was AWESOME!! So friendly and had a very sweet, warm spirit. The food at the restaurant was great & the prices were great.. especially the breakfast. The only paroblem was that we didn't remember signing up for the Go Green housekeeping service so we were a little disappointed that I room had not been serviced. However once we contacted the front desk we were taken care of almost immediately. Great location, will definitely stay here again when in the Birmingham area. Oh & the view from our 17th floor room was great...

Room Tip: Higher floors no noice & great view... We had a corner room which was very roomy too.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Connecting with sisters/friends old and new is an important part of attending a sorority convention. We are delighted to hear of your experiences with breakfast, the front desk and Carey. Our drive is to ensure your stay is memorable and it appears we created a lasting memory with our spectacular 17th floor views. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the location and look forward to seeing you and your sisters soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a conference at the Convention Center. Never have I ever had problems with housekeeping, but in this case... I don't know how to even fathom this. I had a gold and onyx (massive) ring disappear from the room after the housekeeper had cleaned. I have filed a complaint with the manager, an investigation by the hotel detective, and all they offered me was a free dinner at the buffet or a free bottle of wine (I don't even drink)

Are you serious?
And I am a member of the Sheraton Starwood Preferred Guest.
Shame on the management of this hotel.

Room Tip: Take your valuables when you leave the room, you don't want to leave anything in this hotel whil...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank mari0nette
womck987, Manager at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

All of us here at the Sheraton Birmingham regret to hear that your ring is missing. We have extensive Lost and Found procedures for all personnel that have proven successful time and time again. Whether it is a small item of seemingly zero value or something worth considerably more, we treat every item as an important part of our guest's lives and do everything we can to ensure its safe return to the rightful owner. At Sheraton we take great pride in our associates and require an extensive amount of training both departmentally as well as associating them with our Brand Values prior to them working alone, including training on our Lost and Found Procedures. Our promise is to create a Warm, Connected, Community among our team as well our guests. By doing the right thing and focusing on our guests, we ensure our ability to deliver on this promise. We hope, given the opportunity, we are able to rectify this situation to our guest's satisfaction.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Sheraton for both vacation trips and when he has needed treatment for cancer at the Birmingham Kierkland Cancer Center. Regardless of the occasion , the front desk staff gives us a warm welcome and when he was sick actually sent us in their van to the cancer center. If you are going to the art museum it is a perfect location and the staff is helpful with directions to anywhere you want to go in greater Birmingham.

The buffet breakfast is not to be missed and we ask for Carolyn when she is there as our waitress though everyone is friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms that are higher up are preferable. Ask for a room with a pretty city view if possible. If a co...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple