“Good "Mom and Pop" Type Mexican Restaurant”
Review of El Taco Loco

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Taco Loco
Ranked #438 of 1,036 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We enjoyed an authentic Mexican dinner at El Taco Loco recently. The restaurant is not eye-catching but the interior was pleasant enough and quite clean. The food was very good, and the staff warm and friendly. I'd go there again ... since it is near our home here, I expect we will!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

The tacos in general were very well received, particularly the al pastor and the beef tongue. The huarache was very tasty (I can't remember the meat - carnitas?. Chicken enchiladas verde could have had a hotter salsa verde, our friends said it was much hotter last time. There were two very interesting sauces at the table, I think based on jalapeno (mild) and chipotle (a bit of heat, not lip burning). My wife had the chiquiles verdes - I would not recommend those, got a bit soggy over time.
Not a fancy interior. Service was so-so.