“Great variety, great atmosphere & prices.”

Moe's Southwest Grill
Ranked #361 of 986 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 July 2015

They have the best of the best for fast take out or eat in. Great variety, have it your way on anything, don't forget the queso, tops off any dish let alone the great nachos.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Between the two shopping venues of our first day in Birmingham, we grabbed some lunch at Moe’s Southwest Grill. The place looked like a chain restaurant, serving fastfood Mexican cuisine. I looked it up later and verified that it is not a “mom and pop” restaurant. It is an Atlanta-based company with 500 locations (You’d a thought I would have heard of ‘em before this!). I also read that they were bought up in 2009 by a company that owns over 4,000 restaurants (Carvel Ice Cream, Cinnabon, Schlotzsky’s Deli, Auntie Anne’s and McAlister’s Deli).

Joan had a taco salad; I ordered two steak tacos. They provide complimentary tortilla chips for which I purchased some queso. The food was good - better than I expected - but not cheap. For the food already mentioned and a couple soft drinks: over twenty-five bucks. Apparently that’s the price of decent fastfood (I recall paying about that much for the two of us to eat at a Five Guys.)

Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

We stopped for lunch today for the 'all burritos for $5.55'. Ordering our burritos was fast and friendly. The burritos tasted ok. Unfortunately, there was a piece of rubber about the size of a dime in one of the burritos. That ruined the whole meal. :( I think we'll stick with Chipotle.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My food was good here. I have always felt that Moes pricing is a little high. I always enjoy the quality of the food, but they nickel and dime you on things like a little tiny cup of queso that should be free. They do have very good salsa and sweet tea though.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

It's a nice twist on fast food, but it's still an assembly line. It's basically a Subway with Mexican food. It you like Chipotle, but want to eat somewhere that's cheaper, Moe's is the place.