“Awesome lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a late lunch here. The food was incredible.
Service was wonderful. We had the grilled corn and shared a taco plate. We will visit again on our next trip.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Docked points because I didn't understand how the hosts were assigning seats. There was an epic wait time when I went one Saturday evening in June. This was THE place for Mexican food so I waited as I wasn't too hungry. 90 minutes (I know) later, I was decidedly hungry & ready to eat.

Imagine my surprise when the table I was seated at could have fit 10. 2 ladies who came in after were told there was no room so I invited them to join me. Looking around, another man was sitting solo at a table for 4. The place was busy, but it makes me wonder if this was why the wait time was so long!

Anyways, the food was amazing. The wonderful Angela brought out tortilla chips and water before I could blink. She was attentive and helpful without being a sycophant. Thanks Angela!!

I had the plantain nachos which were gorgeous! They were quickly followed by the ceviche on Angela's recommendation. An absolute dream meal washed down by a mean margarita. Will definitely keep on my list for my next trip to B'ham

1  Thank GeorsanC
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Hard to classify, as it seems to be a blend of Mexican, Costa Rican and Tex-Mex. Unique plates and very nice presentation. Very loud, chic kind of place. Half-priced wine on Weds for $4.50, so normally $9, which waiter confirmed. Ouch.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Super YUMMY! Do go early or you may have to wait (but it's worth the wait)! Chicken enchiladas, go for the red sauce! Carnitas tacos, add a side of Crema! And, ABSOLUTELY save room for dessert and coffee!! Keith is an asset to El Barrio, full of knowledge, as well as helpful suggestions!!! Whatever you do, make a visit here!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Went for lunch while visiting downtown around 2nd Street. Although the meal was a bit too pricy, the food was very good and so was the service.

Date of visit: May 2017