All reviewsair worked wellcoffee potfront officeroom was cleanbooked this hotelbath towelsroad tripwould stay againstaff was very friendly
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The room was very clean and the area felt safe. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The only thing that needs to be changed is the cable tv which only has 25 channels. Can't believe no SEC network in Birmingham, football country. No A&E for my Live PD. Would stay again but would call ahead to see if they had the channels i wanted to watch.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Jeremy, thank you for choosing Extended Stay America and for your nice review. We are thrilled to know you both had a great stay and liked your clean room. We appreciate your suggestion and have made a note of your feedback. It was a pleasure having you here, and we can’t wait to welcome you all back again.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Room was clean however had kind of a weird smell. This was quickly resolved with lysol. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Room rate was awesome, inspite of the smell the room was very clean. I would definitely return to this location.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for the four-star review of Extended Stay America and for recommending us to be a good value. We are happy to read you liked your room and our courteous associates who resolved your issues to your satisfaction. We would like an opportunity to serve you again in the future and hope you will return the next time your travels bring you this way.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Blanket had hair on it.bathroom had hair everywhere.tub needs to be resurfaced and new grout,tub and sink had mildew.stovetop was dirty with food on it.microwave was filthy and unuseable.fridge was dirty.mirrors were very dirty.mattress slip huge stain on it.mattress was not comfortable.fuilth running down side of chair in room

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you encountered with your room. We appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention and assure you that corrective measures have been taken. Our team's first priority is making sure that every guest has a comfortable stay, and this time we really missed the mark. We truly regret the inconvenience it caused. We hope you will consider and give us an opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

So I booked this hotel thru Hotwire, since we just needed a place to stay when running errand in town, I really don’t wanna pay too much for just a few hours of sleep. Which means I didn’t know what I was getting until I paid for the booking. After reading all the negative reviews when I found out it was Extended Stay I started to worry and regretted but I literally prayed that God would have mercy on us and give us a decent room.
We got to the hotel around 9:30pm and to our surprise the front desk was really friendly and check in was easy. The outside of the hotel looks new and decent and that made us feel a little better. Got to our room which is toward the end at the second floor- it’s small but clean. Because some reviewers said they found all kinds of nasty stuff in their room so I searched our room intensively and found nothing to be alarmed. The microwave is a little rusty and there’s no wash cloth in the bathroom, but they do give you 4 bath towels and 2 hand towels so we can live with it. We thought either we got lucky or the hotel really isn’t that bad. For the price we paid, I thought the quality is reasonable.
Then the nightmare came - we went to bed around 11 and were woken up by loud noise from the outside - whoever stayed next to us decided it was a good idea to get rowdy between 12-3 am on the hallway outside our room.. I woke up like 5 times but luckily went right back to sleep but my poor husband didn’t sleep at all until 4am when finally the noise died down. We woke up at 7 to get ready to hit the road and the noise and banging started from next door again...
For hotel at this price range it’s not only the quality of service you get that concerns you, it’s the type of people who normally stay at his hotel and we certainly have no control of that...
ESA itself does not disappoint us but we won’t be staying there again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your comments. We appreciate feedback such as yours, as it helps us to improve our service. We are sorry we were less than perfect in providing a wonderful, memorable stay. Your concerns are being shared with the team in an effort to earn your perfect rating next time. Regrarding the noise issues, Our front desk is available to resolve, so we are sorry we were not aware of the problem, as we would have been happy to try and resolve this or move you to another suite. We would love another chance to welcome you so we can provide you with the outstanding service you should certainly expect from us.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

My check in experience was horrible. I was not instructed where my room was located and ended up wasting time walking around trying to find it. Also no washcloths were in the room so I called down to Front Desk and I was told that they were in the dryer and if I wanted one I had to go to Lobby and get it myself.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Tainisha, please accept our apologies for the less than positive experience with our front desk associates. We have customer service training in place for our associates so we are sorry this situation was not handled appropriately. We have alerted the Front Desk Manager and shared your concerns so this does not happen again. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate the excellent service we strive to provide.