“Never had a bad meal here”

Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #106 of 985 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Ribs. Pork. Chicken. Brisket. Hell, even sausage. All BBQ has the same three basic ingredients: smoke, meat and time. What makes it different is the amount, consideration and attention to each part of that recipe. That, and some really great bbq sauce, too. At Jim ‘N Nick’s, we pride ourselves on using the right ingredients, taking our time and honoring the traditions that brought us barbecue.
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

While Jim N Nicks might be a chain it doesn't mean it isn't good. It's not a grease pit and the food is a bit more diverse than your typical BBQ joint and that's not a bad thing. On this trip I made a meal out of an appetizer, the BBQ nachos. Chips, queso, lettuce, pico, more cheese, Serrano peppers and pulled pork. I have a soft spot for BBQ nachos and these are up there right toward the top. You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu and I particularly like their burgers, salads, and baked potatos. While there are plenty of BBQ places around you can count on consistently good food here.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Beef ribs were good as was the pulled pork...not life altering like one would like out of BBQ. Sides were better then average as was the Mac n Cheese. Good beer selection and waitstaff

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

This was our second time eating here. It was great! Service was awesome! Food is sooo good here. We also got banana pudding for dessert and it was delicious! We will be back!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Met old college friends here for dinner. Two had barbecue over the largest baked potatoes I have ever seen. One had BBQ pork over a huge salad, one had ribs, another had BBQ pork sandwich. I had 'small plate' smoked turkey quesadilla and some of the best collard greens I have ever had! Great staff kept iced tea and water glasses and the cheese biscuit basket full. The banana pudding was like my mama used to make. Didn't stay on diet but who cares! Don't mis Jim N Nick's BBQ if you are in Birmingham!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Food was great! Had the double decker sandwich. My son had a burger and it looked and tasted great. Cheese biscuits are good!Loved everything we tried.