“ Not that bad”

Yijia International Youth Hostel
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I really think they have renovated the place. The address is the same. But I booked it from a hotel site with the name Luoyang Yijia International Hostel. And it looked very different.

I booked a triple room with private shower. But they gave us 2 double room due to the air cond for the triple has some problem. My friend's room is perfectly fine. But my room the air conditioner wasn't really working and the temperature was like 27 the lowest. But the room we had is the corner room which is quite big.

I think sewerage is common problem in china. I've stayed in 4 budget accommodation but 3 of it have this problem. This hostel has this same problem where when shower the water will take some time to clear and drain. So it is good to wear the slipper provided while shower.

Bring your own "white hotel slipper" if you prefer to wear slipper inside the room. The washing machine cost $9 which took abt 45mins if I remembered correctly. We hang our clothes inside our room cos there are not much hanging space at the common area.

There is a local supermarket opposite, nearby the square or park. You can get your fruits and local snacks there. We went there twice and find the things there are quite cheap.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank patpo

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Location is good. Easy to get around. Plenty of restaurants and stores near by.
The common area has nice atmosphere. Room is ok clean. Toilet and bath room is not well maintain and a bit dirty.
But overall and compare with the price I have no complain.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank LokChoi
Reviewed 8 November 2016

First of all I was not able to stay in Yijia itself because of sudden unclear problems. I had a reservation therefore I was given the alternative to stay in Heartland hostel, but part of the staff was the same. The inside looked welcome and original. The room was fine with a pleasant bed. Wifi seemed stronger here than in other places I've been in China. Maybe that was the main reason that most of the staff was continuously busy with there laptops and smartphones. When I arrived I received quite a welcome. After that this feeling disappeared a bit. It seemed like being a bit of a bother to the staff and that gave me a out of place feeling. There were not many other guests, so maybe they were a bit bored. But still things could have spiced up a bit to make things happen. If you offer a menu and the only thing you can deliver is a warmed up pizza then I think you are in the wrong business. Same goes when you request for breakfast at 8.30 am. and apparently the sole cook decided to leave the building without letting the reception boy know when he will be back. This place could be so much more.

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank Carlo V
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Nice atmosphere in the bar, and good location very close to the Old City. I stayed in a private room which was noisy as it was on the edge of a main road and there was a hole in the window for a pipe to go through, so I imagine it will be really cold in winter. Did the job though for a short stay and was very cheap at around 100 RMB for a private room.

If you like spicy food, then the restaurant to the right of the hostel entrance does excellent Sichuanese fish and meat very cheaply. Try the 水煮鱼(shuizhuyu, spicy fish) or 水煮肉片(shuizhu roupian, spicy meat) for 15RMB including rice and a drink - it has fish, meat, tofu and all sorts of vegetables in it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2016

The bed is nice and toilet is clean. Lobby area is good with nice music.
The location is perfect where the old street just behind the hostel.
The only bad thing is front desk staff not so friendly or i should say "china" service again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Luoyang hotels
4.7 km away
4.1 km away
Zhongzhou Inn Luoyang Jinguyuan
8.6 km away
7 Days Inn Luoyang Peony Square

Been to Yijia International Youth Hostel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Yijia International Youth Hostel

Address: No.329 Zhongzhou East Road, Old City District, Luoyang 471000, China
Region: China > Henan > Luoyang
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites
Ranked #1 of 21 Speciality Lodging in Luoyang
Price Range: $14 - $30 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:1 star — Yijia International Youth Hostel 1*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Yijia International Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.