Priceline
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Faulty room aircon made for a hot overnight stay. Breakfast was strikingly awful-the only drink available was hot soya milk.Steamed bun devoid of contents and fresh tomatoes the only edible food. Compared to similar hotels elsewhere is China with coffee, fresh fruit juice and a selection of decent Chinese breakfast items (and usually Western) this was a real flop.
Room carpets dirty and room fridge in badly ventilated wooden surround too hot to touch.
Avoid

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Friendly receptionists, they organized a taxi for our day trip to Jinshanling and drop off in Beijing. Rooms were somewhat older but clean. Chinese breakfast, no Western items.

Bellagio restaurant, is located nearly in front of the Chengde hotel, on the second floor. Nice restaurant, decent food, friendly service.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This was probably the worst hotel that we stayed in while on a 4 week tour. But by saying that it was not that bad as we were only there for a night. Breakfast was not good, but we had a fantastic meal at one of the restaurants across the road. Okay for a short stay.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Breakfast was terrible. Internet connection was lousy and not even free (contrary to what had been indicated on the booking). Staff at the reception was not friendly and not helpful. Location was not that good either.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Seasondtraveller
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Not a 4-star by any standard, but a very comfortable 3-star. I booked a large King room, bed was indeed less soft than usual, but nothing like a hard stone described in another review and I did not need anything to soften it. Yes, it is in need of renovation, but stiff competition in Chengde is mysteriously absent. There are no major brand hotel which could drive up renovation at existing local hotels. Carpet has been described in another review as dirty, it is not, but I would not sleep on the floor either. Some corners by the door were a bit black but again this was not an issue, it could have been caused by water damages some time ago, I don't know. Noise level might be an issue, as it is above the main central road of the city and honking starts early, but you will find this issue at every other hotel I imagine. At least this one is tall so it did not disturb me too much. The birthday or wedding fireworks did wake me up on Sunday morning though but again, wherever you will be I don't see how you can escape. And at 14th floor high, it was interesting to watch them from above exploding right in front of me.
I have not tried the breakfast so cannot comment.
I found the staff very friendly and the english-speaking front desk manager very helpful.
There is wireless for a fee, a multitude of Chinese restaurants on the street and the Mountain resort is about 20 min by foot or 10 minutes by taxi.
Until real competition kicks in, I would have no problem staying there again.

Room tip: Highest floor possible due to bad soundproofing of windows. Large king size room was a small premium over standard room but I appreaciated the huge size (not see the standard room though)
Date of stay: October 2011