Open today: 9:30 am - 3:00 pm

Book in advance
from
AU$91.44
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Impression Sanjie Liu
from AU$91.44
from AU$2,447.88
from AU$154.98
1,684 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We went to the show fully aware of the mixed reviews on tripadvisor. Boy, I wish I listened to the negative reviews. We were not impressed by the lighting. The dance were not synchronized. The singing were not good. Overall, we were very disappointed. Our kids were so bored, they almost fell asleep during the show.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

I have never written a less-than-positive review on Trip Advisor but really wish I had paid more attention to the tepid critiques before we spent the money on Impression Sanjie Liu. What intrigued us was the fact this show was created by Zhang Yimou and we have enjoyed his work in the past. Not this time. While the location of the amphitheater is stunning, with the exception of a few beautiful moments, the performance is sadly very weak. The 70-minute show is slow-moving, disjointed, and, frankly, boring. The audience was so loud throughout the performance that even if there had been a cogent storyline to follow, it would have been impossible to do so, and this from my Mandarin-speaking daughter. It was easily the most expensive thing we did during our ten days of hiking, rafting, kayaking, cooking, etc. in Yangshuo and unfortunately was not worth the money or the time.

Date of experience: July 2011
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We took a 4 day trip to Guilin and Yangshuo with a HK travel agency. This show was suggested as one of the add-ons and I'm very glad I went along. Show was originally desiged by Zhang Yimou so it's very artistic. In terms of actually "telling the story of the 3rd sister" it's a bit abstract but the visuals are stunning and it's definitely something you should include in your trip. If you're there in January, wear something warm and waterproof! the show goes on in spite of the weather.

Date of experience: January 2011
Reviewed 22 July 2011

It was almost funny how bad and totally amateur the show was. I went with low expectations and still was surprised by how much I disliked it. It went on forever. There were maybe 3 scenes in the whole show that were truely exciting and captivating. but there were about 10 minutes out of a show that felt like it lasted 3 hours. The few exciting bits were the tiny bit of opera singing by a soloist woman with a lovely voice. I wish she could have had a bigger part. the vast majority of the show was trying to impress through numbers alone. Not impressed by one person lifting up and down a piece of red ribbon for 15 minutes. Let's have 300 people doing it. Oh no, let's not have them doing it in sync or anything, lets just have everyone keeping to a slightly different time so it looks really messy. The show is composed of small actions, each of which is vaguely interesting the first time it is done, but each of which is repeated like 100 times. Lets have people on boats pull themselves across the river. Time number one "Oh look at those people crossing the river". Time 8 "Oh, they're are crossing the river again". Time 30 "seriously, how much longer do I have to watch the same very simple action being repeated". There was totally no plot at all. The performers were clearly chosen on mass and had no individual dancing talent at all. I started to play snake on my phone I was so bored.

Date of experience: January 2011
5  Thank KunmingPanda
Reviewed 30 June 2011

After a long tiring HOT day of touring, this show felt like it progressed REALLY slowly. The show itself is nothing out of this world, I wasn't able to follow the story line, nor did I know anything about the folk story it was based on.

But just like a lot of tourist attractions in China, it's all about the spectacle. In this sense, it definitely delivered. The backdrop with the lit up mountains, and the fact that the whole show is performed on the water is pretty cool. Some of the effects they are able to create with the lighting are also nice. It presented a lot of the things I had just seen while traveling in Guangxi, so I felt like it was a nice way to wrap up my visit to the area.

Overall, I didn't think it was an amazing show, but I did enjoy it and would recommend it to others.

Date of experience: June 2011