“Fantastic Experience”

Ranked #1 of 6 Curico B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We were fortunate to spend 3 wonderful days at Mapuyampay. We had just come back from an exhausting 3 day stay in the Atacama Desert and could not have found a better place to rest up.
It is so beautiful and peaceful there and yet it is about 2 1/2 hours from Santiago and an hour from both the Colchagua and Curico wine regions. We had 2 rooms Africana and Namaste both beautifully appointed. Breakfasts and dinners were delicious but the best part of our stay was the Food and Wine Pairing cooking class. Not only did we learn some great cooking techniques from Ruth, we also got to eat our bounty paired with 4 fantastic wines. Ruth and Vincente were wonderful hosts. Staying at Mapuyampay was the highlight of our 5 week vacation. I hope to return again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Renae B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 4 April 2011

My wife and I stayed 2 nights with Ruth and Vicente and had a very enjoyable and relaxing time. The food was excellent and the farm surroundings very quiet. They are a short drive from Santiago and an excellent weekend get away.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Canuck294305
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I went to Mapuyampay Hostel 2 weeks ago, to celebrate my anniversary and I must admit that it was the best way to celebrate it.... The place is incredible... imagine that there is no signal, just you and the mountains, the clean sky and an incredible ambiente.
Ruth and Vicente are responsible for giving you a "foodie" experiencie and the do it very well. The cooking lesson teaches you a lot of basic things you must know if you want to cook properly and Ruth gives you many tips as well. Also you learn a lot about chilean cousine and different ways of cooking it. But the best is the end of the lesson, when you taste all that nice food you prepare with the rest of the team. Delicious!!!
Nice experiencie. Nice people . Fair price.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clau_Chile2010
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I wanted to spend one of my last weekends in the country in a wonderful, relaxing place that would offer me the best of Chile. Mapuyampay did the trick: amazing food, great wines, gorgeous countryside all around, wonderful warm hosts. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I found this "Hostel"..more like Luxury B&B on Trip Advisor Forum when researching itineraries for a trip to the Santiao area of Chile. I was meeting up with a friend for a girlfriend getaway as she had been traveling in an around Chile for a couple of months, I thought this would make a nice relaxing couple of days for us. After emailing Ruth and securing our dates, I just knew it would be the highlight of the trip and I was right!

We arrived in the mid-afternoon heat and immediately hit the pool area. Ruth joined us and discussed our plans for our stay. She is incredibly accommodating and has terrific advice for where and when and how. Pre-dinner drinks of the national drink Pisco Sour at sunset created by her husband, Vincent, are a specialty of his. All of our meals were created beautifully to fit our dietary requests were served with flavor and style. The cooking class is a must!

The rooms and cabins are spacious, clean, comfortable beds, well decorated and you will sleep well in the peaceful surroundings of the Andes mountains. Before you go to bed, be sure to look up at the stars. If you live in the northern hemisphere, this is your chance to see the Milkyway and other constellations at their finest, without interference from city lights. You will wake to the sounds of the roosters and birds.

I can't say enough about how terrific it was, except that if our rental car wasn't costing so much, we may have stayed another day..or two..

Mapuyampay is a go - to place and you can get there by bus all the way to Morza without the expense of the rental car, gas, tolls, etc. If you want to explore the wineries or do other types of excursions, it's probably just as easy to hire private tour. I'm hoping to bring my husband next time and just plant our happy selves in the fully equipped cabin and simply enjoy the property, Ruth and Vincent, and their dogs, Diva and Nahual.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Curico
27.0 km away
26.6 km away
Casona el Sauce
Casona el Sauce
#2 of 6 in Curico

Been to Mapuyampay Hostal Gastronomico? Share your experiences!