“Just ok”

Fresh Eats Cafe
Price range: USD 2 - USD 5
Cuisines: American, Asian, Cambodian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fresh Eats Café was founded in 2007 by Homeland NGO to help Cambodian children from disadvantaged backgrounds gain an education and learn skills for future employment. Outside of school hours the children come to the café to learn hospitality skills and English. During the course of the day we train up to six children during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our goal is to provide the children with skills that will offer the opportunity for future employment in the hospitality business. In addition to the hospitality skills learnt at the café, the children are also taught weaving, sewing and traditional dance. The products displayed at Fresh Eats Café are made by the children in care at the weaving centre run by Homeland NGO. All the funds raised go directly to the children's education and sustainability of the activity.
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

We went for drinks and food but decided to just have a drink. We always try to eat at places that support community projects as this one does. There was only us and another person on the cafe but the staff were not very attentive. The cafe also sells a small selection of craft products.

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is not only for a good cause the food is delicious! I had chicken satay and it was really well cooked and serve in reasonable portion with good price! I am so sad to have discovered this place on the last day otherwise I would have come everyday!

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

I understand that this place is an NGO run to assist AIDS orphans and train them in hospitality so I wanted to support them and like this place.

Unfortunately the service is terrible. Unlike virtually every other cafe I've been to in Cambodia where you are greeted warmly, in this place there is not a smile to be seen and they are utterly disinterested. I was the only customer there so it's not like they were busy.

Food is reasonable - average quality and average price for the region.

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

If they are training for hospitality business I would sack the trainer. Disinterested staff and late food. The food was nice but not hot when it arrived. And I was the only customer

Reviewed 5 July 2015

After a busy day we decided to have a light dinner here. They offer some amazing salads and also some incredible French fries (I swear they are made daily from potatoes). Also the fruit shakes are incredible.

This is a great place to unwind after a long day in Battambang.