All reviewsthe rivergurko streetyogurtold townwooden furnituregreat viewsteep stepsrustic charmhistoric streetplace to stayloved this hotelcharming hotelpretty hotelthe cliffworth tryingtraditional foodpastry
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I was there though Booking.com, I've announced that I come by car, but there was a coincidence I had a place în the 4place parking lot. Anyway, I believe that there is room for 10-12 medium cars.
Breakfast was included. We've enjoyed it. We took the dinners at their restaurant, too. Everything is fresh, well cooked, staff is very warm. Few cats might want to be come your friends, în exchange for some food :).
Street în front is very narrow, but two medium cars are ok. If you plan to come by Hummer... You might want to use reverse and aknowledge that nobody can use a car on that street from that moment on.
View is perfect, relaxing.
Surrounding is also to be visited.
Is better to plan before.
We had to leave earlier, as my son got sick. This made me want to plan another visit.

I strongly reccomend you this place în Bulgaria.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Adi_Constantin
Reviewed 4 November 2017

We stayed here two nights. Big rooms, comfortable with a good view. Close to old town and short walk to main area. Good breakfast. Staff helpful. Had dinner there one night. Very reasonably priced and tasty. Also able to have a lovely massage in the room. A luxury after lots of walking. Would recommend. Rooms clean and nice hosts.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a Junior Suite with a beautiful view of the Yantra River. The room was clean and well-appointed and we really enjoyed the balcony. Hotel Gurko is located on a beautiful street and has a fantastic restaurant. Book ahead for dinner! We also appreciated the help the staff gave us when we had to arrange for an early bus.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SilkRoadTraveler
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We were happy to arrive in this spectacular little town clinging to the mountain.
The Gurko street is quite charming and the hotel looking lovely.
The breakfast is not served but put down in front of you without any smile or greeting whatsoever by a lady with a ponytail that visibly doesn't like her job...
We had a technical problem with one of the bed that was not addressed...
We ended up cancelling our second night and leaving.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Arrived very late in the night, made a very quick check-in, had a good sleep and a very rich breakfast. Enjoyed the beautiful view in the morning over the monument and the city. The staff was just great.

Room Tip: big buses can be hard to reach the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business