USD 87
Uniqato Hotel(Stara Zagora)
USD 60
USD 58
Hotels.com
Calista Spa Hotel(Stara Zagora)
Hotel Armira(Stara Zagora)
  • Pool
Forum Hotel(Stara Zagora)
Hotel Ezeroto(Stara Zagora)
Eski Zaara Hostel(Stara Zagora)
Fox Rooms Aparthotel(Stara Zagora)
  • Room Service
Art Hotel(Stara Zagora)
All reviewsstar hotelone nightreceptioncityspa
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived in Stara Zagora to visit family for four days.

We researched a lot of hotels and found the Efir to have decent ratings and from the looks of the pictures, reasonable rooms at what I would class as a cheap price.

Having booked the Efir for our entire stay whilst in Stara Zagora we arrived to find the lobby and location very good. Very central in terms of location and the lobby looks smart.

Arriving in our room, the challenge began. It was 27.5 degrees in the room (so said their own in room thermometer). It was about 26 outside so was a hot day! Obviously we turned the air con on to try and cool it. It bleed hot air at us and wasn't getting cold.

My other half and I returned to reception to explain this (as she speaks fluent Bulgarian). She told me she was met with "what do you want me to do". I could tell from the conversation tone that no matter the response, it wasn't meeting my expectation level. In this type of situation, the only response I expect is "I'm so sorry to hear that. Let me see what I can do". Obviously, this wasn't forthcoming. This was followed with "you can find another hotel if you like". Disappointing.

I then explained to reception that we haven't booked a 1* hotel. We have booked a 4* and for this reason. We want to expect a slightly higher level of service. And expect things like air con to work.

At this, they called someone to try and fix it. They explained to us that as it was cold the day before, whatever machine cools or heats the temperature had been switched to warm. They would switch it to cold and within an hour it would be cold.

We accepted this and went to visit family. Upon returning to the room (about midnight I think) we found it to be showing as 28.5 degrees in the room and the air con still warm, not cold.

With this, we called booking agent and organised another hotel (the only 5* in the area which I cannot recommend enough - see my other reviews) and left the next day.

In short, the rooms are fairly simple here but offer a great price. If the air con worked, we would have stayed but not at the expense of being uncomfortable. Whilst initially quite rude (don't tell paying guests to find another hotel) they actually calmed later on in the conversation when trying to help and when we decided to leave were very pleasant.

I can't say whether you'll have a bad experience staying here. If the air con works (and in summer one imagines they'd switch it to cool so you won't have this issue), we would never stay again. You don't want the hassle of service like this. If there's a problem, we are reasonable people. We know you're not a magician. But we do have the right to expect that the rooms a comfortable temperature in a 4*! Especially; don't outright tell me to book another hotel because believe me, I will.

Especially don't say that Even when the other hotel is not much more expensive (£15 per night) and was utterly outstanding. Well worth the extra to not stay here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Really nice hotel, personal is friendly and good wifi connection .
Also nice and enough parking space available from the hotel.
only pitty that there are no charging points in room and bathroom.
It is easy to find the hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

The Efir boasts a charm of both old world & modern convenience. Features; Quiet, clean, old world decor, tastefully decorated, centrally located, walking distance to pubs, restaurants, parks & shopping all within a safe neighborhood. Locals can be observed enjoying the parks & coffee shops which makes for a very pleasant experience. The Efir staff was very accommodating and extremely friendly! I very much enjoyed the Efir & would highly recommend for your next stay in Stara Zagora!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Capefog
Reviewed 15 February 2016

I am fully pleased with this hotel for the below reasons:
1) This is a very clean hotel. The carpet, the furniture, the places, the floor in my room and in the whole hotel, were as clean as I could ask.
2) It is located at the center of the city.7 minutes from the bus station, 3 from the city’s grocery and vegetables market. Beside a park and opposite from a church. just perfect.
3) The personnel is kind, willing to help you and always with smile. And I felt like an old friend of them.
4) The interior design of the room was one of my best rooms I ever stayed. Spacious enough, big bed, super shower and everything was new.
5) WARM room. I was there during winter and I was sitting with only my shirt.
6)It does not have a buffet but there is a catalog and you can choose between 7-8 different morning options like omelet, pancakes, simple breakfast with egg, salami, cheese,etc. Tried 2 and both were fresh, big enough and tasty.
7) It is not a big hotel but is beautiful, warm and clean with a glass-elevator (the experience is really nice)
This will be my only option for accommodation while I will be in stara zagora as there is nothing else to ask for..

Room Tip: all the rooms have a view to the nearby city's buildings
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2015

The best hotel in Stara Zagora!!!

There are gourmet food, wide range of wines, and nice rooms and staff.
The hotel is located in the heart of Stara Zagora (200m from Stara Zagora Municipality). There are bus station (50m) near the hotel as well as taxi station (50m).

Every time when some friends visit me in Stara Zagora, I always accommodate them in Efir Hotel!

Stayed: March 2015