Nessebar Royal Palace
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We arrived at the hotel Nessebar Royal Palace and were immediately informed that we had to pay for our stay there. We explained to the receptionist that we had already paid through the website booking and she was not willing to listen, even though we showed her our banking website app the amount deducted and the confirmation that we received from booking.

By the way, fyi, we had to pay the room in advance, otherwise the site would not let us book the room. We also explained the receptionist that and she could just not get it and kept saying that they had tried to charge the room and that our card was declined.

Again, we explained to her the whole process and she would not listen. Almost 30 minutes the whole thing lasted and we decided to go for a walk of the city and asked her to tell the management to talk to the booking site. Anyhow, I could go into more details, but it would take a lot of time, so I will only say that:

We came back and guess what, they FINALLY agreed that we had paid for the room and, as an apology, they gave us a bottle of wine . It was such a bad and humiliating welcoming that it was uncomfortable passing by the reception area.

Over all I can say, customer service is not their strongest assets and I could see they could not address situations that are out of their own control.

It is hard for me to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you expect great customer services, this is not for you
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank S G
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Stayed here for three nights on my Motorcycle trip ,The rooms are clean and tidy,the staff are very friendly, WIFI is a little difficult in the bedrooms, I could only get connected in the lobby..
Easy walk to all the old sights and restaurants..

Room Tip: All rooms are quite as there is no through traffic.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We stayed in the Royal Palace hotel while on the 12-day Rick Steves tour of Bulgaria. The hotel is located in Old Nessebar so it is away from the more resort style hotels. It is a small hotel. There is a good restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating associated directly with the hotel. Some rooms have a view out onto the Black Sea, and the rooms are quiet. The hotel is located near the Church of the Pantocrator.

Our room had a small shower but no tub or wash cloths. Bar soap was provided, The bed in our room was a queen sized bed.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

The hotel itself is nice and well situated but if you value service at all, I wouldn't recommend staying here.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. However, from the moment I checked in I was made to feel very unwelcome. They advertise free parking but when I arrived I was told there was none available and I'd have to find pay parking elsewhere. After asking them to reimburse me for the pay parking, since it's supposed to be included they suddenly found a spot in their lot. The front desk staff was very unfriendly and didn't even know where the tourist information office was on this tiny little island they are located. I find it hard to believe a hotel could exist on a unesco world heritage site that is no more than a mile round and not know where the tourist information office is located. I got the impression they just didn't want to provide information or answer questions.

On the day of my departure, I was all packed up and about to leave when the room phone rang. I couldn't find the phone so I just popped out to the lobby and asked if they had called since my room was located right outside the lobby. They said they had called because they needed me to leave my room, (which I was just doing anyway) It was 12:05 and checkout is at 12:00. I found this very off putting.

As I said, if you value service at all, I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank and_beyondChicagoIL
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Would really recommend this place. Such nice athmosphere and the staff are healpfull.
The rooms are Nice and the bed was better then the other places we stayed at. Great location in the middel off the old town and nice breakfast on the terrace

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple