All reviews public parking great location hotel is located would stay here again old town parking place sunny beach ruins bulgaria sea balconies
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We stayed in the Royal Palace hotel while on the 12-day Rick Steves tour of Bulgaria. The hotel is located in Old Nessebar so it is away from the more resort style hotels. It is a small hotel. There is a good restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating associated directly with the hotel. Some rooms have a view out onto the Black Sea, and the rooms are quiet. The hotel is located near the Church of the Pantocrator.

Our room had a small shower but no tub or wash cloths. Bar soap was provided, The bed in our room was a queen sized bed.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

The hotel itself is nice and well situated but if you value service at all, I wouldn't recommend staying here.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. However, from the moment I checked in I was made to feel very unwelcome. They advertise free parking but when I arrived I was told there was none available and I'd have to find pay parking elsewhere. After asking them to reimburse me for the pay parking, since it's supposed to be included they suddenly found a spot in their lot. The front desk staff was very unfriendly and didn't even know where the tourist information office was on this tiny little island they are located. I find it hard to believe a hotel could exist on a unesco world heritage site that is no more than a mile round and not know where the tourist information office is located. I got the impression they just didn't want to provide information or answer questions.

On the day of my departure, I was all packed up and about to leave when the room phone rang. I couldn't find the phone so I just popped out to the lobby and asked if they had called since my room was located right outside the lobby. They said they had called because they needed me to leave my room, (which I was just doing anyway) It was 12:05 and checkout is at 12:00. I found this very off putting.

As I said, if you value service at all, I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank and_beyondChicagoIL
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Would really recommend this place. Such nice athmosphere and the staff are healpfull.
The rooms are Nice and the bed was better then the other places we stayed at. Great location in the middel off the old town and nice breakfast on the terrace

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Was a very beautiful surprise this hotel! The location is charming, in the heart of old Nessebar, just opposite the ancient monastery. The rooms situated at first and second floor have partial sea view and those situated at 3rd floor have a great view on the monastery and the local shops. You have access directly to the port, all around are local restaurants, souvenirs shops, a mini market. The location is quiet, in the morning you will be waked up by the pigeons. The hotel is an old building but very well renovated, there was nothing not to like there. The breakfast is very good and if the weather is well you can serve it on the terrace.

Room Tip: The rooms at 1st and 2nd floor have partial sea view and the ones situated at 3rd floor have a great view on the monastery.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2016

We booked direct from the UK to avoid the extra costs from booking.com so got a better deal. Lovely spacious bedroom with good size ensuite. Had a balcony overlooking an old church. Breakfast was plentiful with a continental feel.Different pastries each day. Great friendly and helpful staff. Had a couple of english channels on TV but high speed internet so was able to watch netflix on our iPad. As with all the hotels in the area at night you can hear some noise from Sunny Beach across the bay but get used to it with the air con on in the room.Plenty of great places to eat out from the doorstep.Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple