All reviews ski holiday other hotels location was perfect swimming pool bulgarian standards reception desk apartment gondola slopes sofa
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

We were there for New year's eve. The staff were inadequate and unfriendly. The room was not so clean. It was warm enough but beds were uncomfortable. We found dirty socks under the bed, the spoons in the kitchenette were dirty. The breakfast was awful and we did not have late breakfast on 1st January. Most of the hotels have late brunch after New year's eve but not this one. The hotel doesn't have toilet at the reception and we were with our little daughter and had to go to the room toilet. The room doesn't have hairdryer, slippers, additional blanket. The dinner in New year's eve was not so good -we are vegetarians and although we had arranged this during our reservation the restaurant had no idea about this. They asked us to choose some dish from the menu but they don't have enough vegetarian dishes -we chose risotto with vegetables -it was ok. This hotel is not four star hotel at all. We don't recommend it, you get no value for money.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank puhalka
Reviewed 16 September 2015

A lovely warm hotel with a great swimming pool and good quality restaurant. Handy for the ski schools and the main lifts. Rooms were nice and big and clean. The staff were helpful, I really cannot think of anything I would improve!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2015

This was the first time to this place and did not know what it would be like as I had not booked it, was a friends 50 birthday so their was 13 of us that went.
The hotel was in a great location as it was a stones throw from the slopes so there was not getting on buses.
The hotel was half board and the meals was good.
The only thing I would say that the bar area was soooo hot that I felt like I was melting all the time. Lol.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 19 April 2015

We stayed at the Flora for a change during our 3rd visit to Borovets over New Year and can honestly say when I return, I will be staying in the Samokov. Lobby bar food was lovely, when you actually got served. We booked in our local Thomson store who called Crystal to book, we requested a room in the main 'newer refurbished' building, on a high floor, with a view. We got, 1st floor, in the older building, on the end of a dark corridor, overlooking the car park. The room was freezing (the hotel provided us with a small heater that smelt like it was burning), the rep was slow and rude, the shower was broke, we had snow balls regularly thrown at the balcony window. It took me to call Crystal Head Office in the UK to change our room. The food in the 'Irish Bar' for breakfast and evening meals was poor, with a lack of choice, often cold (I know that Bulgarians eat their food cool but not stone cold because the heaters were not turned on.) So many problems. Pool was nice but cold. Staff were very ignorant towards non-Bulgarian guests. Complained to Crystal and received compensation for this poor holiday.

Room Tip: somehow request an apartment if you can.....
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jody-Marie H
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

Perhaps a good quality hotel to some but the overall attitude was horrendous. Very rude when my son was sick, wouldn't give our passports back so we could get to the hospital and tried to overcharge us. Our main impression of Borovets was a place that could be great but was full of horrendous English people who chose to eat bad food. Hunters was the only lovely place to go with warmth and generosity. The rest of the resort was sadly tacky and destroyed

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family