All reviews moqueca portuguese reception tv beach
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Low season weekend stay with family. Stylish old building and lovely setting. Rooms comfortable and clean - nice beds - small bathrooms but ok. Aircon split system modern and quiet and also had screens on the window - unusual for Brazil. Electrics looked recently updated and tidy. Sky Sat TV but didn't really watch it.
Didn't seem like the kitchen/restaurant was up to its billing but it was low season - only had breakfast and snacks so can't really say. Cost a little more than the immediate competition but I'd say worth it.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I didn't mean to book here - I thought it was close to downtown Ubatuba. As it turns out, it's 6km away. I'm very happy it happened, though.

It's not posh - bring your own toiletries (I think they had soap). I never figured out the wifi because, well, my Portuguese is not good and nobody spoke English.

It was lovely, though. The room was comfortable, the decor like a tropical cabana. The grounds were a tropical oasis. The restaurant was good (they had an English menu) and beautiful beaches are only a short walk away. June is the beginning of winter and I had the sand to myself. In the off season there is not a lot to do. The beach restaurants were barricaded, so bring your own provisions.

Would I go back? Absolutely but with a friend. Or to write my memoirs. The town is not lovely, but the hotel and the beaches are. It was a wonderful stay - the people were very friendly, the hotel was great. With a little planning (wine and snacks - oh, and shampoo) it would be a fantastic time, indeed.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Erick B
Reviewed 11 October 2014

I didn't tried the restaurant (unfortunately, because it have so many good reviews), but the hotel is very good. The room was big, cozy and clean. The bed was comfortable. The hotel was distant from sights and the Ubatuba city centre. Also, the beach near the hotel is not bad (with calm waters and good for kids, I guess) but it's far from the best beach option in Ubatuba. Having a car is very recommended, but this is a recommendation I do for every trip to Ubatuba :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarceloMatos
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This old mansion turned into a hotel is a gem. Price is fair, rooms are simple and clean, food is amazingly good, swimming pool is excellent. Bring a lot of insect repellent - could be worse than Ilhabela as it is very close to a huge area of green preserved forests. At the restaurant, try the moqueca - it is superb! We also ordered the pirao - also exquisite. It is a walking distance from three amazing beaches. One of them - Domingas Dias Beach - is a piece of paradise lost. Green everywhere, calm waters, no waves… soft sand below your feet… amazing! do not miss it! It will not be your place if you look for a sophisticated place like DPNY in Ilhabela - but for the fair price and service, you will get the real Brazil on great style. Be prepared to leave your car on the street.

Room Tip: look for rooms on the second floor as they have a nice view of the neighborhood and beach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

It was a total pleasure to stay in Solar das Águas Cantantes for a couple of days, as I was looking for a place to cool down and de-stress in my short vacation. Not only it stays close to a heavenly beach, it was also very comfortable, and the perfect find for plant lovers like me – it is populated by plants that mingle in the central courtyard. Breakfast was simple. Dinner is great, deserving of the great reviews and recommendations. Staff was lovely!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends