We stayed at the Hilton for 8 nights in December 2011. The hotel is modern, attractive, and very clean. All employees were cheerful and happy to help you with whatever you needed. English was spoken by employees at the front desk, by the concierges (the two concierges we dealt with were very helpful) and in the health club.
The standard rooms are nicely sized, trimmed with light wood and a built-in desk. Our room faced the river which is probably the best view from the hotel. Other rooms will face nearby buildings. Note that some rooms face a building next door which is under construction which may be noisy in the mornings. The bathrooms are nice (but a little tight for 2 people at the sink), in perfect condition, very clean with a separate tub, separate walk-in shower and a glassed-in toilet area. On the subject of bathrooms, one of our 2 rooms had a washroom for disabled persons. If you do not need this type of bathroom make sure you state that you don’t want it when you book your room. The “shower” was an open area in a corner of the bathroom without a shower curtain, walls, or anything on the floor to stop the water from running everywhere. We used it once and soaked the entire floor of the washroom, toilet, etc. This was not useable at all. We showered in our adjoining room for the remainder of the trip. Don’t let this turn you off from the hotel – regular bathrooms are fine.
A good night’s sleep will make or break a hotel for me. The Hilton came through perfectly. The rooms were very quiet for sleeping with no traffic noise, no mechanical systems noise, and no noise from other rooms. The beds were very comfortable as well. The elevators don’t make any noise when arriving at the floor (no annoying bells going off every time the doors open). There were ample English channels on the TV. The daily house-keeping of the rooms was excellent.
The Hilton has an excellent top floor (great views in all directions) health club and a quite large glassed-in swimming pool which is great for doing laps. The club has enough equipment to make any exercise buff happy. There are also two studios for exercise classes. There is a large executive lounge which is accessible to HHonors members (may only open be open to upper level members ie. Diamond – Check this first).
Wifi is available in the executive lounge. In the rooms, you must plug in with an Ethernet cable and it is very expensive (45-50 BRL per day I believe). There is a lounge off to the right of the reception desk when you walk in which has beverages and sandwiches. They will give you a wireless access code if you buy something (even a bottle of water) which is supposedly good for 30 minutes. Note: After the 30 minutes expires you can re-enter the code again and again for more access; the code will work for the entire day in the café/lobby area. It will be changed at midnight.
The hotel has very good security with personnel at every entrance and your hotel room access card must be swiped to access the elevator. There is a large underground mall that is accessible from the hotel. There are many places to eat, various stores, a wine store, banks, and a currency exchange. You can also walk to the nearby Sheraton Hotel through the underground mall. The Sheraton is worth checking out as well – we only saw the lobby but it looked very nice and comparable to the Hilton.
Overall, the Hilton is an excellent choice in Sao Paulo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The contemporary, 28-floor Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi Hotel is seamlessly integrated into the ground floor of the CENU business complex and shopping mall, and provides easy access to local attractions within the business district. Conveniently located, the hotel is just 8km from Congnhas National Airport and 35km from Guarulhos International Airport. The hotel offers luxurious room, comfortable lounge, roof-top pool and a unique health club and the Amazonian Spa. Premium dining options include the Canvas Restaurant, overlooking the large atrium lobby featuring a glass canopy and more than 170 wine labels. The comfortable and casual ambiance of Sol & Sombra restaurant offers breakfast specially prepared early in the morning and the delicious lunch with international menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Morumbi Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Hilton Hotel Sao Paulo
- Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi Brazil
- Sao Paulo Hilton