This used to be the Sofitel Hotel-- the Sofitel treated you like a king but because of location--surrounded by freeway and no place to walk to--the Sofitel could not make a profit and left-- now there is no Sofitel in Sao Paulo--the lobby and the rooms still have the old Sofitel luxury--solid wood furniture, wood floors, marble bathrooms-- but the staff is much less attentive-- all the Sofitel staff left when Mercure bought it--and the Mercure staff are similar to Europeans--not the friendly open Brasilian attitude --more busy and closed --and food is just okay--not terrific like when it was Sofitel-- after all the Mercure is not the quality of the Sofitel--but it is absolutely the best hotel in Sao Paulo for the price you pay-- I only hope that Mercure takes good care of this once terrific Sofitel -- it is still a good hotel and I still like it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera Park is considered one of the most upscale hotels in Sao Paulo, combining the international experience and a local touch with sophisticated and personalized services. Located 3.1 Miles (5 km) from Congonhas Airport, 21.7 Miles (35 km) from Guarulhos International Airport and next to Ibirapuera Park (green area in Sao Paulo), it also enjoys easy access to the city's main financial areas: Paulista, Berrini, Av. Brazil and Faria Lima. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Accor Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo Sofitel
- Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera Brazil