Not my first time staying here, but it is always a good hotel for a couple of days stay. The front desk speaks decent english and so communication is possible for non-portuguese speaking foreigners. Although some hotel staff is a little challenging just for your reference. The lobby houses a grand piano, a flowershop and colorful art paintings.
The lobby has a grand staircase, beautifully decorated and impressively polished. It connects to the second level of the hotel where the main restaurant is. Complimentary breakfast is served here. Lunch and dinner ala carte. Room service is also available for late night guests.
The rooms are so-so honestly. The hotel is nice,however, it is old. And you can really see it from the in room hotel amenities and fixtures. The one thing I absolutely find terrible is how the yellow lights are so dim that you could barely get any work done inside your hotel room and it makes it such a grey and dreary stay except for sleeping. The bathroom could make you cringe a little with the old tiles that I guess just couldn't be cleaned anymore. There is a minibar available as well.
On the plus side, the complimentary buffet breakfast makes up for a lot of the room's downside. There is a significant options of everything you might crave for in the morning. Pastries of all kinds, hot and cold entrees, They can make your omelette of choice, Plentiful varied delicious tropical fruits, freshly squeezed mixed fruit and vegetable juices and one of the best coffees I have ever had, among others.
There is an outdoors pool, a tennis court, a sauna and a fitness center that is easily accessible to guests.
Sadly, it is not closely located in the city center, so should you decide to explore outside of this little suburban part of the city, the easiest way would be to get uber or grab a cab. Depending on where you go, its not horribly expensive. There is a humongous park, almost the size of central park. Which is a few blocks away from the hotel. Circling the park with ita twists and turns all included is probably a little over 5-6 km which is a substantial walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera Park is considered one of the most upscale hotels in Sao Paulo, combining the international experience and a local touch with sophisticated and personalized services. Located 3.1 Miles (5 km) from Congonhas Airport, 21.7 Miles (35 km) from Guarulhos International Airport and next to Ibirapuera Park (green area in Sao Paulo), it also enjoys easy access to the city's main financial areas: Paulista, Berrini, Av. Brazil and Faria Lima. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Accor Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo Sofitel
- Grand Mercure Sao Paulo Ibirapuera Brazil