“Great place to stay a few steps from Avenida Paulista”

BHG Belas Artes Sao Paulo
Ranked #20 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Very good hotel with big rooms and good service.
I arrived early and they gave me the room a couple hours before check in time.
The breakfast is very good with good cakes and fresh fruit.
The location is excellent, Rua Frei Caneca is a safe but lively area very close to Avenida Paulista. Great choice in San Paulo.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo

How are you?

I am the new manager of the hotel! It was a huge pleasure to welcome you to Golden Tulip São Paulo Paulista, the old Belas Artes.

I am reading all the comments posted so we can keep what is good and improve what needs to be better.

Thank you for sharing your experience, this exchange with our guests is essential for us!

I would like to invite you to return soon, It will be a huge pleasure to welcome you again. In case of any need, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

In general I rate the service as bad. I had a CONFIRMED reservation. When I arrived I was informed that they didn´t have a room for me. I showed the reservation confirmation and they told me that a confirmed reservation is not a guarantee of stay... Yes, that is the ONLY hotel in the planet that a "confirmed" reservation is not a guarantee. To be honest, the hotel staff probably just messed things up with my reservation, but where unable to assume the mistake, and made up this shamefull excuse. Notice that other people have exactly the same problem with the hotel As a result I had to stay my first night in the same room with my working coleague. After a HORRIBLE night, I was transfered to a room in the 8th floor. The second room, just like the first room, was quite large to Brazilian standards (more or less the size of any good American Hotel). The whole of the 8th floor, however, smell REAL BAD (you can feel it as you leave the elevator). The door of my room was in really bad shape. The bathtube also is in bad shape. Location is good, if you have business in the Paulista Avenue (just one square away from Paulista Avenue). It is also quite close to Augusta Avenue, where you will find all kinds of bars, cafes, nightclubs... not all of them family oriented :). Notice also that Parking is paid and so is Wi-Fi Internet. In sum, I was not impressed with my stay at Golden Tulip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TotemBulls

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Things started badly and did not improve. I arrived at 10am from a long haul trip and hoped to be able to get into a room; the receptionist told me the room was available but if I wanted it before 2pm I’d have to pay for another night. I don’t think any hotel anywhere has ever told me that they’ve got my room available but I can’t have it without paying extra. The room itself, whilst clean and very large, was quite dated and in need of a refresh; the walls and bathtub were stained, and sound insulation is poor so it is noisy despite not being on a main road. Unusually for Latin America there is a charge for wifi (R$15 per day); in theory you get 20 minutes per day free, but this did not actually work, and (judging from the login page which I couldn’t get beyond) the network is so slow as to be useless. On the plus side, breakfast is good. I hope to travel to Sao Paulo again but would not stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank alexs76

Reviewed 19 September 2011

The standard at this hotel and the service received was absolutely appalling and well below par! They need to lower their star rating and definitely the price.

Shabby furniture, stale breakfasts, woken by construction workers each morning hanging outside our bedroom window, no internet service even though we paid extra for it, rooms not made up by time we returned in the late afternoon and no hot water until midday on the last day of our stay!

As an apology, one glass of orange juice was sent to the room by the management for the two of us....what a joke!

I finally got a refund of one night but certainly will never return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cristo3004

Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed 2 nights and we had a very bad experience at this hotel... Although the room is spacious, there was plenty of dust (i´m allergic and had an asthma attack!), the furniture and bathroom are really old and the AC wouldn´t work, so we almost freezed inside the room during a cold snap in the city (this was the worst part!). They offered us two other rooms but the conditions were the same: no AC, very old furniture, plenty of dust... And the bed is just regular. It felt like a relief leaving this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends