“Disapointed”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Good diner/service.
But menu evolution was not good since last visit : missing my prefered dishes
Disapointed by "risoto de bacalhau" with few fish in & kobe beef not available.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

We went to dine at Hashi while a short trip to Porto Alegre. The restaurant is located in a house and serves sushis and contemporary food. They have a menu based on braised food and other options equally delicious. We tried from both menus and it was simply amazing. Dishes very tasty. I recommend the lagostins and the sea food pasta with beetroot. They also have a good selection of local wines. Prices are a bit high.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

The food at Hashi is amazing: with a fusion of different kinds of asian cuisine, I've never once eaten their sushi, however, their curry sauce shrimp (Camarão ao molho curry) is my to-go dish, as well as the shrimp with a sweet and sour pepper jam as an appetizer. However, the ambiance of the restaurant lacks liveliness and feels rather dull: tables are really spread out and the lighting is very dim, which makes the place a little depressing. Cannot complain about the food, but the reason why they haven't kept me coming as often is because the atmosphere is really not what I envision for a Friday or Saturday night.

Hashi A, Gerente de relações públicas at Hashi Art Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Mrs. Victoria, thank you for your review. We're glad that you appreciated our gastronomy. It was a surprise for us to hear your impressions about our ambiance. In fact, it was the first time we received this feed back. The lighting and the privacy between the tables were always very appreciated by our clients. Nevertheless, we respect and appreciate your opinion. Hope we have the pleasure of your presence again.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

The evening started nicely with beautifully presented flounder ceviche, but everything went pretty much downhill from there. Shrimp was greasy and tasted like it had not been properly deveined. Pirarucu (Brazilian fish) was overly salted and overcooked, which gave it a weird dry chicken-like texture. My friend's third course, a seafood curry, was lukewarm. Kobe beef was most certainly not Kobe; a crossbreed of Wagyu and Angus at best, as it was not marbled nor had the peculiar Kobe taste and texture. Chewy, overcooked (I asked for medium rare and got medium well), and the fat was not rendered correctly. The bread tasted stale, as if it had been toasted hours before. The rhythm of service was another letdown: it took forever between courses, especially between the second and the third (about 40 minutes). I'm a petite woman and felt hungry throughout the meal, as besides the delay the portions were really tiny. The cheese plate was not a true assiète de fromage, as it consisted of two small sticks of local cheese per person, but it was welcomed due to the fact that after four courses we were still quite hungry. Dessert was overkill: guava crème brûlée with ice cream and... more guava. Very, very sweet, no acidity, no texture. Service was polite but impersonal. We would have had coffee but were not offered any. A beverage we did not have was included in the bill - be sure to double-check before you pay. This is an expensive restaurant for local standards and has fine dining aspirations, but it most certainly doesn't deliver accordingly.

1  Thank alehmen
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with some business partners in May 2015.
We ordered two starters for a party of four, plus one main dish each.
Their food is a mix of Japanese/Asian influences and Italian/contemporary cuisine.
Starter: deep fried "Coalho" cheese with sweet and sour sauce is really good. The grilled mushrooms with "neera/niira" leaves and skid was just ok.
Main dish: I had the medium filet mignon with black rice risotto, which was nice. My partners said that their dishes were also good.
Only sour detail was the price. Without alcoholic beverages, mean price per person was around
R$140 (US$ 45), and could easily be above R$180 or R$200.
Otherwise, it is a neat, classy place. But the room were we sat was not "romantic" at all, so I don't know if I would take my wife there in our anniversary, for example.

Hope you enjoy.