Book In Advance

from USD 200.00
from USD 186.67
from USD 240.00
2,867 results
All reviews copacabana beach beautiful avenue stroll sidewalk beaches rio tourists police jewelry vendors sunset tiles
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely place to walk and take in the the sights and sounds of Copacabana Beach. It also a good place for biking or jogging as there’s a separate double lane between the avenue and beach for this purpose. Many people are along the sidewalk selling their wares. Most were not aggressive about it. It’s especially nice around sunset. There are security people in the area but still don’t wear flashy jewelry, etc. for your own safety.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

This road is 4 kilometres long and divides the upmarket houses, shops and hotels that line the Copacabana and Leme beachfronts from the actual sand. It runs the length of these two beaches.

For much of its length it is 6 lanes wide (3 in either direction with a very wide medium strip) with a bicycle track and a very wide foot promenade decorated in an iconic Portuguese wave pattern. One of the sides of the roadway is closed off on Sundays so that people can walk, cycle, run skateboard etc down the road.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We had a problem here with a street person who sprayed a shoe with fecal matter and then trailed us offering to clean it up. We ignored him as best we could and got into the closest hotel, the Hilton, to clean up. Then, when walking back to our hotel, he got us again. There needs to be more policing along this street. And it is too back the security people at the hotel didn’t seem to care about what had happened. We otherwise didn’t have any security problems in Rio but this was a real downer for us!

1  Thank MikaTravels
Reviewed 19 February 2018

The Avenue is longer than 5 km and goes along the whole Copacabana Beach. It is wide, plenty of beach bars, great view on Pao de Acucar, traditional market near lifeguard posto 5 every evening, nice stroll during day time and early evening. Be careful early morning and late evening when the place gets a large share of homeless people, young gangs. Could become pretty unsafe.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

This is a negative review based on most of my Brasilaero friends about the current safety of Rio. There are a lot of young gangs that may rob you on the most frequent tourist areas like the beach, Avienda Atlantica, and now even Nossa Senhora de Copacabana.

I would recommend you wait until you hear that the police have gained control of the tourist areas. I have spent a lot of time in Rio and even I would no longer visit Copacabana. I am sorry to write this review because I love Rio but when I visit Brazil now I avoid visiting Rio. There are a lot of great places to visit in Brazil but Zona Sul in Brazil is just not where you want to go right now. Ipanema might be a little safer but I am not going to visit there either until I hear the police have really cracked down on the teenage gangs.