See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2017

I planned to stay in Rio for two nights, but after finding this gem, I stayed for a month. If I could have I would have changed my flight home and stayed for another year!

-The location:
Right where you want to be. Walking distance from plenty of beaches, in a chilled out area but close enough to all the party spots.
-The staff:
Carlos is a legend! Ask him for anything and he will go out of his way to help you. The rest of the staff are also extremely helpful and work 24 hours.
-The hostel:
Great! There is WiFi. The bathrooms are in a clean state, the showers are always hot. The dorm rooms are big and the beds are lovely too. Small kitchen, but it has whatever you need to cook a meal. The hostel has a bar that serves cocktails and beers, so get involved!

Thank you Carlos and team and see you soon!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend booked in to stay for one night and ended up staying for nearly 2 weeks. The main reason for this was the manager (Carlos) and the rest of the team that worked there, with a special shout out also going to Emerson!

Everyone was super friendly and we really feel we have made some life long friends from this hostel.

Carlos and the rest of the team were always willing to give tips on the best things to do and where to go for the best nights out of course. The staff, when off work, were always willing to come with us to the beach, for food or on the usual sight seeing tours around Rio.

Everyone really did go the extra mile to help and we felt really at home here. The reception and bar area was cosy and the reception was manned 24/7 so help was always at hand If needed.

The kitchen was small but it was well equipped enough for us to be able to cook what we wanted and the showers were always hot with decent pressure which is hard to find in some hostels!

All in all we had a brilliant time, the staff are always ready to host the guests on nights out but at the same time there is a chilled vibe to add to the balance.

We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie H
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Loved it here. Really helpful staff and great location. Rio is massive so it's a fair trip to anywhere but this place is in an excellent location, close to the beach and copacobana etc. It's good for most places.

Staff have good English and we're really friendly. The owner was a top guy.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2016

Basically you won't feel like you are guest once you step in Samba you will feel at home, amazing atmosphere, amazing people and very clean, I would always consider samaba as an option whenever I'm in Rio

Room Tip: Always ask Carlos the owner for tips
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2016

Samba Green is just the most laid back hostel I have ever been too. Great atmosphere, activities nad mostly the PEOPLE! Carlos and all the stuff are just amazing cheerful people who are there to help with anything you might need. Party for those who want to party - peace and quite for those who need to rest. Anyone is welcome and treated nicely. Not a regular backpacker vibe. I stayed a month just for tis place. SAMBA !!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo