“SUPER”

Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Warsaw, Poland
“SUPER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

GREAT, but you must wait in long lines, so make sure you are there at least two hours before the sunset.

Visited January 2012

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I am so happy that we decided to check on the Pao de Acucar when visiting Brazil. We visited the mountain as part of an all-day group tour so we had a tour guide and we were with a larger group of people but I dont think that would be necessary. It would have been as easy to find where we needed to go without the guide. You take 2 different trams up to the top of the mountain but at each tram station there is plenty to check out. History, art, gift shops (although I don't recommend buying anything as they are of course, overpriced) and many other things to keep you occupied while you wait for the next tram. There are almost an unlimited number of places to walk around and view the city of Rio de Janeiro from up high. I can't tell you how many beautiful pictures I got. Up on the highest point of the mountain that you can go there are a few tables and a snack bar with food and drink for sale. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. I cannot stress how beautiful it was. if you want a breathtaking view of Rio, this is where you do it.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank JEBraley
Toronto, Canada
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Great views of downtown Rio and Flamengo beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

The views were quite nice but all that can change when the clouds move in and then you just have to sit tight and wait for the clouds to move away and the views to come back. If I had to choose between Sugar Loaf or Corcovado tours, I would opt for Corcovado (Christ Redeemer) though the views are different.

Visited March 2012
Jersey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I really enjoyed this very much even though I was not looking forward to the cable car ride, it turned out not to be that bad as we were too busy looking at the views and once at the top it was nice to grab a beer and take pictures of the scenery.

Visited March 2012
Perth
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nice for views, but little else”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Nice for taking photos of Rio, but not exactly a life-changing experience. If you plan to go, GO EARLY as the lines from mid-morning can be horrendous. If you are short on time, I would just visit Christ the Redeemer statue and enjoy the views from there.

Visited February 2012