“Beware- I got robbed in my hotel room!!”
Review of Hotel Bandeirantes

Hotel Bandeirantes
Ranked #112 of 282 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Berlin, Germany
“Beware- I got robbed in my hotel room!!”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I travelled to Rio for the Carnaval and had a wonderful time althroughout except for the last two days when I stayed at Hotel Bandeirantes. I paid 300 US Dollars for the two nights on the Feb29-March 1 by far the most per night than in any other hotel throughout my trip. I spent the day on the beach and left my bags locked in my hotel room, when I returned my smart phone worth US$500 disappeared along with 100 dollars in cash and a couple of T-shirts all locked in the bag. The hotel reception and management were VERY UNhelpful, showed no understanding and were unwilling to provide me with any information about who swiped the magnetic card and had access to my room. The Hotel also has no cameras on the hallways, only in the lift and told me such things happen once a week. They also charged me double for the phone I had to pay 70$ US for a 4 minute overseas phonecall. When I tried to tell them I only made one phone call and not two, they told me I cannot cheat their system. Excuse me???!! Hotel Bandeirantes is by far the worst I have ever experienced in Brazil and would advise anyone who wants to book this hotel to think twice before doing it. The hotel did not offer to pay me anything back for my loss and told me to go to the Police, which I did but I definitely won't be staying ever again in this hotel.

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MatBerlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Guys, it took me 5 hrs to decide on which hotel to select for my 2days stay at Rio De Janeiro.. I looked and tried to book almost 17hotels, depending on all reviews, I did not complete my booking on any of those 17 Hotels.

Finally I saw Hotel Bandeirantes, which is practically 5-7mins walk to Copacaban Beach!

When I reached here (very late at 7pm), I thought I should have stayed more close to the Beach, but the Hotel rates in Rio are equal to any 5* Hotel of Bombay.

Anyways, I was indeed glad to stay here:

1. Staff is good
2. Rooms are clean
3. It is safe,even if your money is in the room. The room service lady is very honest(personal experience)
4. Beach is 5-7 mins. walk
5. Most importantly for ALL VEGGI people, you have enough choice to select from your Breakfast.

You have many markets nearby, bus stops are nearby...

For me it is worth to stay here... RATES are SKY ROCKET in RIO!

Regards,

Room Tip: High floors, ask for twin bed rooms, these are much bigger in size, and then later ask them to get y...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jrsheth
sunderland
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Its a BRL250 per night hotel in Copacababa, don't expect it to be oaf a high standard and you won't be disappointed. In UK terms, its a 2* hotel.

Internet didn't work in the room, the room was noisy, ether from the AC or from the road, depending on whether you had the window open or closed.

I won't be going back, but if its all you want to pay for a night in Rio, adjust your expectations and it won't offend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Gareth W

Travellers are raving about these Rio de Janeiro hotels

Salem, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I traveled to Rio on 11/5 with a study abroad group of masters nursing students. 10 of us...we had made reservations months in advance. When the enire group arrived we were treated rudley and downright hostile. No record could be found of our reservation. We were "allowed" to stay one night and then had to "get out". I have never expereienced anything so awful in any other hotel in the entire world.
Honestly though...the room was discusting and gross anyway so everything works out for a reason....
Shout out to Fernando the bartender though...he was kind and considerate...he needs a better place to work...

Room Tip: the pool is the size of a bathtub and not very clean
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Teresa C
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Stayed here for 1 night as part of Gap Adventures Tour, therefore price was included. Priciness precluded us from booking it during our entire stay in Rio. Service was poor - no porter service, unhelpful reception staff when called via phone, wifi charged at 15 reais/day, dirty and old-looking furnishings in room. Noticed a fecal stain on the wall of the bathroom. Towels were thin and old. No jug to boil water. Bin in toilet was lidless. Security staff fell asleep during their shift so had to tap glass doors with a rock to wake them up after coming back at 3:30am from a samba session. Only redeeming feature was a good buffet breakfast. Somewhat agree with the general distribution of the reviews.

• Stayed October 2011