All reviews santa teresa boutique style beautiful hotel small hotel walking distance a great stay lapa neighborhood rio taxis brazil uber
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Casa Amarelo is a step back in time, it's suited to people looking for a different experience other than run of the mill and standard; it's quirky and for those who want to see the 'real' Brazil.... Walk up to St. Teresa and enjoy the excellent restaurants, down to Lapa and enjoy the nightlife, laze by the pool and enjoy the view, read a book on the terrace or in the verandah; it's like a home away from home, except someone is always there for you. The staff are fantastic! Enjoy the snacks and a caipirinha, look forward to the excellent breakfast every morning, sleep in cool cotton sheets, enjoy the local scented soap... we loved it all!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Nice place, kind people and good food but room was narrow and not very clean. I found wonderful the quality of breakfast and lunch too. I loved the kindness of the girls and boy at the reception and in the kitchen

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016

A wonderful oasis in Rio. A beautifully restored grand home in Santa Teresa, one of Rio's best neighbourhoods. The staff is excellent, and the rooms are stately, but intimate. This was as a highlight of my trip to Rio.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2016

When planning my trip, I initially felt conflicted about the "safe" hotels on Copa and Ipanema, and found that the Posados were the way to go in Rio. Picking Casa Amarello really made my holiday and I can't recommend it enough. Living in Santa Teresa is Rio. Walking the Rua San Martin is Rio. The hotel is a beautiful fusion of Brazilian modern and is refreshing. I loved the location, I loved the staff, and I loved the features. My pool overlooked Centro! Breakfast on the terrace!
If my enthusiasm doesn't match the four star rating, I want to be honest. It's not the Plaza, but it is an amazing boutique hotel that will MAKE your holiday. The brazilian modern furniture is antique, but it is beautiful. This is an older mansion, but you won't lack for comforts. The Bath was large and comfortable, and the room, very comfortable. The staff are bilingual and very thoughtful.

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms (6). If you can, step up and take one of the larger ones.
Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2016

In the hills of the old fashioned Santa Teresa neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro, this old european style mansion is a place to be discovered. The entrance of the hotel with a tunnel that leads to a small antique lift is a reminder that something special is about to come.
And it's right.
Casa Amarelo is a great lodging experience for the eyes and the heart!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Marianne L, Gerente de recepção at Casa Amarelo by Robert le Heros, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear Carlos,

Thank you for choosing Casa Amarelo for your last visit in Rio de Janeiro and for taking the time to give us a feedback on your experience.

We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed and loved your stay in our house.

We remain at your entire disposal for any assistance you might need and assure you in advance of our best care and attention.

Best regards.